Product versions: BI4.0 and netweaver 7.0.x
This article is finished, don't hesitate to put comments.
This BOpedia page is provided by the RIG team. Don't hesitate to put comments.
Main Contributors : Martha L, Patrice L, Anthony L, David F G
With the help of Ferry L
Link to the main SP page Introduction, Chapter A : BI4.0 Integration into the SAP Enterprise Portal 7.x
Chapter B : BI4 - How to create SAP BusinessObjects Document List template into EP 7.0.x
Chapter C : BI4 - How to create SAP BusinessObjects Document Viewer Template into EP 7.0.x
Chapter D : BI4 - How to create SAP BusinessObjects KM Template into EP 7.0.x
Webinar link and QA : Webinar was done on May 25th (link below)
DATE: Wednesday, 25 May 2011
START TIME: 8:00 a.m. PT, 10:00 a.m. CT, 11:00 a.m. ET, 5:00 p.m. CET
Appendix : Chapter H, I, J, K, L, M : Appendix of the BOEXI3.1 Integration into the SAP EP
About the BI 4.0 Portal Integration
What are the benefits of Portal Integration?
With portal integration, SAP BusinessObjects allows you to integrate Business Intelligence (BI) content from Business Objects into the SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal. Customers are able to mix BI content and other applications easily. They can also personalize delivery of content based on SAP user roles and groups.
Having enterprise-wide access to relevant business information from a standard enterprise portal allows customers to make better-informed decisions. Consolidating the infrastructure for application and BI content delivery leads to reduced cost and time savings.
What is the portal integration
Portal integration is a ready-to-deploy solution that offers tight integration with SAP NetWeaver enterprise portal technologies to help you rapidly and easily incorporate business intelligence capabilities into your enterprise portal. Based on the portal capabilities of SAP NetWeaver, this allows business users to view and interact with Advanced Analysis workspaces, BI Workspaces, Dashboards, Crystal Reports, Explorer documents and Web Intelligence documents directly from the portal.
What is new in BI4.0
In BI 4.0, there are now 4 different options to integrate BI4.0 with SAP EP:
- NEW "SAP BusinessObjects Document List Template" iView
- NEW "SAP BusinessObjects Document Viewer Template" iView
- Knowledge Management (as we have in XI3.x)
0) You don't need the SAP Integration KIT anymore.
In BI4.0 you no longer need to install SAP integration KIT for server or client. For all these functionalities there is no need to do a separate install of SAP IK (like in XI3.1x). In BI4.0 installer has been improved : the integration KIT is included by default in the BI4.0 installer.
1) Pre-requisite : SAP Authentication
Nothing has changed between XI3 and BI4.0 for this point.
1. Log onto the CMC
2. Go to the Authentication section. Select the SAP Authentication In the Entitlement Systems tab, enter the values for System, Client, Application Server, System Number, User Name, Password SAP client, SAP System ID (SID) according to the SAP system.
3. In the Role Import tab, you should import the BW Role to your BI4.0.
4. Check that SAP Authentication is enabled on the Option tab. If you want to have screenshot of the following step, you can have access to the following article: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/display/BOBJ/Setup+of+SAP+SSO+Service+in+SAP+BO+BI4.0+CMC
2) Pre-requisite : Set up SSO for OpenDocument and BILaunchPad
In XI3.1 you had to modify the web.xml/web.config files.
In BI4.0 the configuration has been improved.You need to modify the following files (in the <InstallDir>\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\default )
You need to modify the following parameters :