Product versions: BOE XI 3.1 and netweaver 7.x
This article is finished.
This BOpedia page is provided by the RIG team. Don't hesitate to put comments.
Main Contributors : Martha L, Stephane T, Anthony L, Erica L, David F G
With the help of Antonia R, Ferry L , Eliot G
Link to the main SP page Introduction, Chapter A & B : Integration of BOE XI3.1 into the SAP Enterprise Portal 7.x
Chapter C : Create BOEXI3.1 Integration Kit iView Template into SAP EP Portal
Chapter D : Create URL iview into the SAP EP portal
Chapter E : Integrate BOEXI3.1 into a KM Navigation into SAP EP portal
Chapter F : Creating Roles in SAP EP Portal and assigned them to Portal Users
Chapter G : Viewing BOEXi3.1 reports into SAP EP Portal
Scenarios and KM & iView possibilities : Scenarios and KM and iView possibilities
Webinar link and Q and A : Webinar and Q and A
Appendix : Chapter H, I, J, K, L, M : Appendix of the BOEXI3.1 Integration into the SAP EP
Chapter D ) Create URL iview in the portal (Webi, Crystal, Xclesius, Voyager...
For other BOE content like Web Intelligence, Crystal report, Xcelsius, Voyager, you can use the URL iView template which is an EP standard template.
To implement BOE Url iView solution you need the following :
The following process shows you how to integrate a Web Intelligence report, a Crystal Report, Xcelsius report or Voyager using the Url iView.
The URL iView is not BOE specific; this is a SAP Enterprise Portal standard template.
URL iView process
1. Logon to the Portal and navigate to Content Administration > Portal Content
2. If you have not created your own custom folder to store the objects you create, do so by right-clicking on Portal Content folder. Select New > Folder and specify a folder name and a folder id.
3. Right click on the newly created folder or the existing folder in which you want to create the iView and chose New > iView.
4. In the iView Wizard select the first option iView template and then click Next.
5. From the Template Selection, select URL iView from the Template selection screen and click Next.
6. In the General Properties, enter the iView Name and iView ID. The iView name is the display name that appears in the Portal Catalog. The iView ID is a unique identifier registered in the Portal Content Directory; this ID appears within the portal administrator environment.
7. Click Next
8. In the Define Source URL, enter the URL to OpenDocument. For example : http://BOE1.domain.com:8080/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp
9. Click Next. In the Summary make sure that Open for editing when wizard completes is selected and click Finish.
10. In the URL Parameters add OpendDoc parameters. There is one mandatory parameter for OpenDoc either sDocName or iDocID. In this example we will use iDocID. The IDocID can be the InfoObjectID (ID), CUID, GUID, RUID or Parent ID. The ID and CUID of the report appear in the properties of the object in InfoView or CMC. In this example we are using the ID. (You can use the example of the (chapter D . 2 step 9)
URL Parameter: iDocID
Value: ID of the report
11. Click Save and Preview to see the Web Intelligence report.
You can add other OpenDoc parameters, for example for a Webi report you could add the parameter sOutputFormat to specify that you want the report in PDF format.
OpenDoc parameters documentation can be found here: Viewing Reports and Documents using URLs
12. You can now add this URL iView to any page in the portal. (look at the chapter F,G)
How to use CUID with URL iView
If you want to use CUID insteed ID with iView, in the step 10 (below) you will have to :
use the CUID number for example "AZQkWe_sKE" = iDocID and sIDType = CUID
Webinar Presentation on URL iView
Note : InfoView XI 3.1 is designed to work as a standalone application. If you use the InfoView URL and embed it we cannot guarantee that it would work properly (it is not a documented/supported use case so issues may appear). Some problems from customers (with some versions of Firefox) have been rejected. Even if some customers are doing it, if they encounter any problem, we will not be able to help them out. !Webinar_URL_iView.JPG!