The purpose of this document is to provide a quick look-up of all Support Packs, Fixed Issues and downloads available for “SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio” (SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio).
Refer to the table below for details on compatibility between versions of Visual Studio and Crystal Reports for Visual Studio Support Packs.
Version of Visual Studio
Compatible Crystal Reports for Visual Studio Support Pack
All support packs
SP 7 and higher
SP 9 and higher
SP15 and higher
SP21 and higher
SP25 and higher (note: some issues reported with embedded Report Designer)
SP 26 and higher (note: above issues resolved)
SP32 and higher (note: option of 64 bit installer for VS 2022 only)
- All reference material (including release notes, installation guides, developer guides, etc) on the help portal page: SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Microsoft Visual Studio. You can choose specific support packs by clicking the blue dropdown arrow at the top.
- Life Cycle Dates for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio found on the SAP Crystal Products - End of Mainstream Maintenance Dates wiki page.
- SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio Supported Platforms
Important General Notes:
- If you have an issue in Crystal Reports for Visual Studio, you must test it with the latest Support Pack release. Any fixes would be released in a future Support Pack.
- SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET does NOT support Express Editions of any version of Visual Studio
- As of SP 29 we now register the Assemblies into GAC using this folder: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly
- Previous versions were placed in this folder: C:\Windows\assembly
Support Packs, Fixed Issues and Distribution File downloads
Download the most recent Support Pack for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio here: SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio.
For all available Support Pack downloads, please visit this software downloads page.
The installation guide can be found on the help portal page: SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Microsoft Visual Studio. You can choose specific support packs by clicking the blue dropdown arrow at the top.
Please follow . As mentioned there, you must right click the Install Executable and select “Run as Administrator”.
- If you are using any third party applications (ie OEM) that use the SDK package Please check with the makers of the software and ask if they have tested with the version you are downloading. If they do not support it at this time do not install the package on your PC, it could break their application.
- Installing the MSI will not fully integrate Crystal Reports into VS. MSI files by definition are for runtime distribution only. Do not run the MSI's on your Development PC, where VS is installed, not required.
Support Pack Details
The list below links to or describes the important changes in each Support Pack, up to SP 19.
Note: SP 21 and 26 had important updates that, like other support packs, apply to support packs after them.
Link/Description of New Fixed Issues
As of SP 29 we now register the Assemblies into GAC using this folder:
Previous versions were placed in this folder:
Please note, SP27 “Web Service / XML Data Driver” will be uploaded later, once a known issue is solved.
Only 1 public fixed issue - 2889303 - Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP 26 - Next Page causes Optional Parameter to prompt for value
· In-place upgrades are no longer supported. Older version of Crystal Reports for Visual Studio must be removed before installing the new version.
· See KBA for more info - For Installation issues PLEASE see this KBA - 2536330 - In-place (FlexNet), MSI and Merge Modules upgrade from Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP xx to SP 21 does not work
· For more info search for this Kbase article:
· For reports using the ADO.Net DB connection, in previous SP's, you could only work under .Net Framework 2.0/3.5, so using <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true"> in app.config is required. Now in SP21 and above, ADO.Net is only supported on .Net Framework 3.5 or above and you can remove the tag.
- Please refer to Knowledge Base article 2007224 for more info on configuring WEB Applications in Visual Studio 2013.
- Manual deployment of crdb_xml drivers requires an installed JVM
- 1871962 – How To manually deploy Service Pack 6, and above, crdb_XML data source driver for Crystal Reports Developer for Visual Studio
- Note: Clickonce32/64 is managed by the xml file for which one is installed.
- 1534388– CRVS2010 – Creating Click Once deployment
- Note: Click Once “Homesite” is to tell your installer to go here for the runtime.
See this Blog for instructions upgrading your existing project to the latest SP
See this blog on how to use CR 2020 Export to XLXS page formats:
1544708 – What are the runtime dependencies for CRVS2010?
1531409 – How to deploy the CRVS2010 runtime when using merge modules?
1606608 – Where is the SDK for VS .NET in Crystal Reports 2011?
1606663 – Does Crystal Reports SDK for VS .NET work with Delphi Prism?
1606621 – What .NET frameworks does CRVS2010 support?
For more information, use the search box in the right top corner of this page. Ensure that “All of SAP” is selected from the drop down.