The purpose of this document is to provide a quick look-up of all Support Packs, Fixed Issues and Distribution File downloads available for SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio.
Support Packs for “SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio” (SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio) are scheduled on a quarterly bases and supports the following versions of Visual Studio:
- VS 2010 – original release and higher
- VS 2012 – SP 7 and higher
- VS 2013 – SP 9 and higher
- VS 2015RC – SP14
- VS 2015 – SP 15 and higher
- VS 2017 - SP 21 and higher
- VS 2019 - SP 25 and higher ( note - some issues reported with embedded Report Designer )
- VS 2019 - SP 26 and higher ( issues resolved )
Note: All SP's are supported in all versions of Visual Studio.
NOTE: CR Redist packages are for deploying the runtime only onto Work Stations and Application Servers are designed for the platform of your project and not for the Operating system. MSIExec will detect if the OS is 64 bit and install the 64 bit MSI, if your project is to be used in x86 mode there will be an error generated.
Support Packs, Fixed Issues and Distribution File downloads
Fixes for each Support Pack are prioritized and released on or about end of each yearly quarter. All support packs are full builds of Crystal Reports for Visual Studio, thus it is not necessary to update incrementally. The most recent Support Pack in the below table is listed first.
To keep current and up to date with new releases as well as KBAs and more follow us on Twitter
Update: All Service Packs are cumulative so we are removing the links to previous patches and will be keeping 3 or 4 still active.
❗ Please note: To integrate “SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio” you must run the Install Executable by right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator". Installing the MSI will not fully integrate Crystal Reports into VS. MSI files by definition are for runtime distribution only. Do not run the MSI's on your Development PC, where VS is installed, not required.
❗ Note 2: SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET does NOT support Express Editions of any version of Visual Studio
❗ WARNING: If you are using any third party applications that use the SDK package Please check with the makers of the software and ask if they have tested with the version you are downloading. If they do not support it at this time do not install the package on your PC, it could break their application.
Update: Crystal reports for VS did not support Dbase file types. Discussions with our Product team resulted in adding the Xbase driver back into the various packages.
See this KBA – to download the crdb_p2bxbse.dll and it’s supporting dependencies.
NOTE: The info for SP 21 is required for ANY Patch above SP 21 as well
New In SP21 Release
- Integration with Visual Studio 2017
- .NET Framework 4.7
- FireFox ESR 52
- Addressed 10+ customer Incidents.
As of SP 26 we no longer support .Net Framework 3.5 and recommend upgrading to 4.5.2 or above
Below items should be highlight for SP21:
1. FlexNet and In-Place Upgrade does not work: Once user receive the update notification from FlexNet server and finish SP21 upgrade, the product will NOT work. User MUST repair CR4VS and CRRuntime64 in Control Panel\Programs\. That’s a by design change to installer.
Note: Flexnet is a service we previously used for inplace upgrades, due to that service no longer available you can get an error indicating the service failed.
Note 2: Due to this error the install will likely fail because a previous version has not been uninstalled first. You can get various errors, likely 1904 - failed to register the dll for example.
See KBA for more info - For Installation issues PLEASE see this KBA - 2536330 - In-place (FlexNet), MSI and Merge Modules upgrade from Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP xx to SP 21 does not work
a. Please notice that we are still facing problems on configuring FlexNet upgrade server, so currently user will NOT receive SP21 notification
2. Microsoft Windows Update KB2999226 is a prerequisite for SP21+
a. This is same as BI 4.2 SP4 and BI 4.1 SP10. Please refer to SAP Note 2451830.
3. For VS2017 integration, user must use “run as Administrator” by right-clicking setup.exe, even if you are already log on by using Administrator account
4. As most of CR/RAS .NET Assemblies are now re-versioned from 13.0.2000.0 to 13.0.3500.0 and for SP 26 are now 13.0.4000.0, user MUST remove all old CR assemblies from Reference list and add the new version of CR assemblies, then rebuild the application.
a. For those customer/user who do not wanted to rebuilt their application, there’s workaround to use <dependentAssembly> in app.config/web.config, please see attachment.
For more info search for this Kbase article:
2719939 - Crystal Reports for Visual Studio Runtime versioning - side by side ability - what to do with WinFormCRViewer.zip from download WIKI
5. For reports using the ADO.Net DB connection, in previous SP's, you could only work under .Net Framework 2.0/3.5, so using <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true"> in app.config is required. Now in SP21 and above, ADO.Net is only supported on .Net Framework 3.5 or above and you can remove the tag.
For Installation issues PLEASE see this KBA - 2536330 - In-place (FlexNet), MSI and Merge Modules upgrade from Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP xx to SP 21 does not work
UPDATE: As of June 13th, 2017 we are now redirecting the downloads to a new page. This page will prompt for a log in and allow you to get notifications regarding updates. It only requires your e-mail address.
MUST READ - New In SP21 Release
THIS is a LINK to the download PAGE → Download Crystal Reports developer, for Microsoft Visual Studio
FYI - Only SP 18 and above is now available due to the download site changes. You can get them from here now:
New In SP27 Release - read the above info for SP 21 if upgrading from lower version
- Addressed customer Incidents
- Win10 1909
- SQL Server 2019
- Browser updates (Latest Chrome)
- Security updates
Please note, SP27 “Web Service / XML Data Driver” will be uploaded later, once a known issue solved.
Please note, SP27 will not be uploaded to the old Akamai site.
New In SP26 Release - read the above info for SP 21 if upgrading from lower version
- Addressed customer Incidents
- Windows Server 2019 and Win10 1903
- .NET Framework 4.8
- Data source updates (Excel/Access 2019, HANA 2.0 SP04, Oracle 19c)
- Browser updates (Latest Chrome, Firefox ESR 68)
- Security updates
Note the following changes in SP 26:
- .Net Framework 3.5.1 is no longer supported, we’d recommend to use .Net Framework 4.5.2.
- Assembly version of CR .Net and RAS .Net upgrade from 13.0.3500.0 to 13.0.4000.0, user should load their project in VS to migrate the references.
- FlashControlV71 had been removed and replaced by AxShockwaveFlashObjects and ShockwaveFlashObjects; they’re NOT required to add as reference in project, will be called by CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms on runtime automatically.
- There will be problem if application built with .Net Framework 4.0 as target framework and printed to Microsoft XPS Document Writer via ReportDocument.PrintToPrinter API (the same in Winform/WPF Viewer print).
- Support for .NET Framework 4, 4.5, and 4.5.1 ended on January 12, 2016(https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/lifecycle/search/548)
- To solve this problem, user should target their project to .Net Framework 4.5.2 or above and re-built it.
- If end-user use in-place upgrading from SP25 or previous version, after upgrading, they must repair the installation in Control Panel/Programs. Otherwise the ADO.Net database connection will NOT work.
- The prerequisites Microsoft_VC120_CRT_x86.msm, Microsoft_VC140_CRT_x86.msm and Microsoft_VC140_MFC_x86.msm should be added when using CR Runtime Merge Modules, or used vcredist_x86.exe from Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 and Visual Studio 2015.
- Microsoft Windows Update KB2999226 is still required for all OS before the Windows 10/Windows Server 2016.
New In SP25 Release - read the above info for SP 21 if upgrading from lower version
- Addressed 9 customer Incidents
- Visual Studio 2019
- Certified Oracle JDK 8 for CRDB XML driver
- Certified Oracle JDK 11 / Open JDK 11 for CRDB XML driver
- Win10 1809
- Security updates
New In SP24 Release - read the above info for SP 21 if upgrading from lower version
- Addressed 10+ customer Incidents
- Visual Studio 2017 Update 9
- Oracle 18c
- SQL Server 2017
- Chrome 70
- Flash Player 31
New In SP23 Release - read the above info for SP 21 if upgrading from lower version
- Addressed 10+ customer Incidents
- Security improvements
- .NET Framework 4.7.2
- Firefox ESR 60
- Microsoft Edge HTML 17.1713
New In SP22 Release - read the above info for SP 21 if upgrading from lower version
- Addressed 10+ customer Incidents. See Fixed Issue link below
New In SP21 Release - see above
New In SP20 Release
- HANA 2.0 SPS01
- Addressed 5+ customer Incidents.
New In SP19 Release
- Windows Server 2016
- IIS 10 on Windows Server 2016
- Addressed over 10 customer Incidents.
SP27 Only 1 public fixed issue - 2889303 - Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP 26 - Next Page causes Optional Parameter to prompt for value
Note: all links to previous fixed issues are in the Fixed Issues Document.
WARNING: Please refer to Knowledge Base article 2007224 for more info on configuring WEB Applications in Visual Studio 2013.
Note: Manual deployment of crdb_xml drivers requires manually installing and deploying JRE/JDK
1871962 – How To manually deploy Service Pack 6, and above, crdb_XML data source driver for Crystal Reports Developer for Visual Studio
Note: Clickonce32/64 is managed by the xml file for which one is installed.
– CRVS2010 – Creating Click Once deployment
Note: Click Once “Homesite” is to tell your installer to go here for the runtime.
End of Life references ( Note: Crystal Reports for VS latest SP is only currently supported )
1544708 – What are the runtime dependencies for CRVS2010?
1531409 – How to deploy the CRVS2010 runtime when using merge modules?
1606608 – Where is the SDK for VS .NET in Crystal Reports 2011?
1606663 – Does Crystal Reports SDK for VS .NET work with Delphi Prism?
1606621 – What .NET frameworks does CRVS2010 support?
For more information, use the search box in the right top corner of this page. Ensure that “All of SAP” is selected from the drop down.