- Version 3.1.0 is now available. It can be downloaded from the link below.
- This fixed an issue with 4.2 Web Intelligence logs that cause the tool to crash
- See the Release Notes for full details of the updates.
- Version 3.0.3 was released today. It can be downloaded from the link below.
- The new version includes 18 updates/new features, 19 bug fixes and 4 updates to the BI Plugin. Check out the new performance chart for finding areas of slow performance in the logs!
- New documentation was added to this scn page
SAP's Preferred Log Reading Tool
This is the official page for the SAP Flexible Log Reader (FLR).
- Reader for SAP BI Platform trace logs (GLFs) and any other text format
- Very powerful search and filtering options
- Read long chains of multiple logs at once with light memory footprint
Use pre-built tags to easily identify common SAP BI log messages
FLR is a log reading application which has been designed to read and analyse text log file, no matter which application has generated it. FLR is used to open large logs in any text format and can easily scan and find information within them. Typically, it is possible to open logs which total around 4.5x the available memory on the machine - e.g. a 4Gb machine can load 18Gb of logs.
FLR is one of the tools used by SAP Support Engineers to open and analyse logs in order to find further information regarding error output from SAP Products. It is more user-friendly and intuitive than other applications used to perform the same task (e.g. notepad, notepad++). Plugins and configuration files created by experts automatically analyse and tag documents for a user, flagging potential root-cause errors and other important information for ease of access. Filters and tags allow users to only scan for information relevant to the problem they are having, removing much of the need to scroll through an entire log in order to search for relevant information.
|Newest Release||Version||Release Date||Link||How to install||Documentation|
Flexible Log Reader
|June 04, 2018||Download|
Available for Windows and Linux (via Wine)