This article will explain how to generate the keystore file and the certificate.
- In the below example the keystore file name is keystore.p12 and the certificate file name is cert.der.
- The keystore file keystore.p12 has to be imported in Bi4.0 CMC on SAP Authentication Option tab
- The certificate file cert.der has to be imported in SAP BW with STRUSTSSO2 transaction.
- plamtree in the below example is host name of machine where BI4.0 running. This name needs to be adjusted to reflect the name of your real BO server! For instance, when your BO server is known as BO4, substitute palmtree with BO4
- mywin in the below example is alias name that you can name the way you want.
2. Generate keystore and certificate
- Run PKCS12Tool program to generate keystore
PKCS12Tool Windows location: <INSTALLDIR>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI4.0\java\lib
PKCS12Tool Unix location: <INSTALLDIR>/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/java/lib
(Windos command line example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\bin\java" -jar PKCS12Tool.jar -alias mywin -storepass admin1 -dname CN=palmtree -disablefips)
storepass: the password needed to open the keystore. Use a secure password.
CN=palmtree: defines the name of the BO server. If you BO server's name is BO4, use CN=BO4
Keystore file is genereated at this location
The command creates the keystore.p12 as well as the cert.der file.
- Generate certificate with keytool
Enter keystore password which is defined in the previous step. (In this example the password is: admin1)
(Windows command line example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\bin\keytool" -exportcert -keystore keystore.p12 -storetype pkcs12 -file cert.der -alias mywin )
References and links
How to setup SSO against SAP BW with SAP BO BI4.0 Common Semantic Layer (UNX) or BICS
Import SAP BO BI4.0 certificate into SAP BW
Setup of SAP SSO Service in SAP BO BI4.0 CMC
Setup of SSO againt SAP BW for SAP BO BI4.0 BICS or JCO connections