Note: Minor adjustments for BI 4.0 and 4.1 are located in the Comments section of this article.
- SAP Authentication is already set on Entitlement Systems tab and SAP Roles/users are imported.
- Windows AD Authentication is already set and AD groups/users are imported.
2. Manually mapping AD users to SAP users
(In this example user account "xiad" has been created in Windows AD and SAP System and we want to map them)
- Log into CMC as administrator.
- Go to "Users and Groups"
- Go to AD user group (in this case "bobjtest\xigroup")
- Go to properties (right click on user) for user "xiad" from this group.
- Click "Assign Alias..." button to assign alias from imported SAP user group
- Select user from SAP user that you want to map with AD user and click OK.
You will be prompted with message
(Home folder for SAP "xiad" users will be removed.)
- Click OK button
- Click "Save and Close" button.
Users are now mapped
(In this example SAP "xiad" user from "R36~800" and "R37~800" SAP groups are mapped with AD "xiad" user from "bobjtest\xigroup" AD user group)
3. Mapping SAP users and AD users by using registry key - recommended method
This method requires planning of SAP and AD users. User IDs have to be identical in SAP and AD.
The SAP alias SID~CLNT/USER01 and AD alias DOMAIN\USER01 will be automatically mapped to the matching BO USER01 when SAP user ID and AD user ID are identical.
- Enable BO registry setting to import SAP users in simple user name format
(Run regedit tool and set registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\SAP\Authentication\SimpleUsernameFormat" to Yes. The impact of this registry key is that SAP user SID~CLNT/USER01 will be imported into BO as USER01)
Note: For BI 4.x the key is located at: HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Enterprise\Auth Plugins\secSAPR3\SimpleUsernameFormat
- Restart BOE server
- Log into InfoView with SAP user ID and SAP authentication (check user list in CMC to see imported SAP user ID)
- Log into InfoView with Windows AD user ID and Windows AD authentication
- Check user properties for SAP user ID in CMC. Windows AD user ID is automatically mapped with SAP user ID.