1. If you are on SAP BI Platform 4.1, make sure you have the following version or higher
- SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 SP3 Patch 4
2. Remove the monitoring service from the default APS on each node.
3. Add a new dedicated APS (with only monitoring service) on each SIA node in the BI Platform landscape then enable these servers. Size memory according to best practices (usually -Xmx2g per server)
4. Download SAP Host Agent 7.20 (latest SP) and SAPCAR for your operating system from the Software Download Center. (go to support packages and patches, search and enter the file names to locate the files. Copy the archive to each BI Platform node.
5. Use SAPCAR to unzip SAP Host Agent media to a temp directory. For example:
|C:\temp>SAPCAR_315-20010453.exe -xvf SAPHOSTAGENT173_173-20005735.SAR|
6. On each BI Platform node, install the SAP Host Agent. When prompted, enter a strong password. The install will create a new user account called sapadm which will be used to run the service.
7. Go to CMC --> applications --> Monitoring then check "Enable Host Metrics" and specify the path to SAPOSCOL binary (this is part of the SAP Host Agent). For example:
8. Restart each Monitoring service and wait a few minutes for monitoring to initialize.
9. Go to CMC --> Monitoring --> Metrics --> Host Metrics to view the metrics