This page outlines connectivity to SAP ERP via the SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo) that was introduced in BI 4.0. The SAP ERP connection uses the JCO connector. However the process is different in that of the SAP BW connector that uses the Multisource enabled data foundation. ERP does not use the RSDRI_Facade of BW. The ERP connectivity supports Single Sign On and the Preferred Viewing Locale.
SAP BI BusinessObjects Feature Pack 3 introduced a new connectivity to SAP ERP via SAP JCo. It provides access to the following ERP objects:
• SAP Queries
• ABAP functions
Depending on exactly how you installed the BI 4.0 client tools, you may or may not have the option to create the connection. If you do not have the option to connect then you'll need to follow the steps below:
Go to add / remove programs in the Windows Control Panel. Select SAP BusinessObjects BI platform 4.x Client Tools and select Uninstall / Change. You'll then need to select Modify in the Application maintenance screen. You'll then be able to select SAP ERP as shown in the screenshot below:
Once you have done this you'll be able to connect to SAP ERP.
UNIX / LINUX
- Execute modifyOrRemoveProducts.sh which is found in the root of your installation.
- Select your product.
- Select 1 - Modify.
- Press [Space] on the select features screen.
- Expand Database Access and select the SAPERP option.
- Install the new features.
Confirming availability of the drivers on the server
To determine whether or not the drivers have been selected during an installation, go into the metrics of the Adaptive Processing Server in the CMC and you should see a section showing the drivers listed something similar to the following:
Configuration of the JCO driver
You can find the driver configuration files in the connectionserver-install-dir\connection
Server\jco directory. The jco.prm file lists the data access driver capabilities in term of database
InfoSets may be created in the SAP ERP system in either a local work area or a global work area. Objects in the local area are only accessed by its SAP ERP system client. Objects in the global area can be accessed by all clients.
A SAP Query is created in a user group and belongs to it.
Connections may be made to released or unreleased ABAP functions.
An ABAP function parameter can have the following type:
• Field of primitive ABAP type
• Structure, which is a sequence of several fields
• Table, which can be made of fields, structures, or even tables
Information Design Tool
- The Data Foundation Layer in IDT may be a single source or a Multisource enabled.
- Deactivate Preferred Viewing Locale, by saving the Language when creating a connection
- The data foundation can be single-source to support local connections. Single-source data foundations support joins between tables, with the following restrictions:
- You can detect joins only based on database keys in the ERP data source. You must first detect database keys in the data foundation.
- You cannot insert joins manually, insert calculated columns, or insert column filters. these must be done in a multisource endabled data foundation on a secured connection. When you insert a table into the data foundation, the table type of InfoSet, SAP Query, or ABAP Function is saved as a table property in the data foundation.
- When you insert an ABAP Function table, one data foundation table is created to map the main function. The table contains input columns for the input parameters of the function. These parameters can be mandatory or optional. To assign a value to mandatory parameters, you need to edit the input columns. To do this, see the related topic. When creating the business layer, the object names are automatically generated from the column descriptions in the data foundation, rather than from the column names. For reference, the column names are saved as the description of the business layer object
You cannot query ERP objects based on ABAP programs that involve a SAPGUI processing since Remote Function Calls will not access them.
The JCo API does not support array fetch. Data is returned all at once. To avoid an out-of-memory issue restrict data by applying a filter. Regardless of this restriction, Connection Server still applies array fetch.
Note The application user can also set a value to Max Rows in the Query Panel for single source. Multisource enabled does not take Max Rows into account or if the query requires computations after data is fetched (SELECT DISTINCT, ORDER BY, and GROUP BY).
The ERP Max Rows parameter in the jco.sbo configuration file allows the application user to query without filter an InfoSet or an SAP Query table that only contains numerical data type columns. The user can also query a table containing numerical and DATS data type columns. This parameter is also used when Max Rows is not passed to the SAP ERP system. ERP Max Rows can be used with single-source and and for multisource universes in the data federation administration tool. See the Data Federator Administration Tool Guide for more information.
Measures containing aggregate functions cannot be used as filters in the Query Panel. This limitation is due to the fact that the resulting SQL expression contains the HAVING clause, which is not supported by the SAP ERP connection. If you add a measure containing an aggregation function as a filter, an error occurs when you refresh the query
SAP ERP Connections - Driver Failed to Load
Database error: (CS) "Java Exception : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/bip/jco/JCoManager : cannot initialize class because prior initialization attempt failed"
This occurs because the Web Intelligence Processing Server cannot find the sapjco3.dll file.
To make SAP ERP connections work, you must copy the file from the BI platform server directory (\win64_x64) to the Microsoft Windows directory (C:\WINDOWS\system32). You then restart the Web Intelligence Processing Server.
1756769 - DataBase Error:(CS)"Java Exception:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:com/sap/bip/jco/JCoManager:cannot initialize class because prior initialization attempt failed.(IES 10901)" while refreshing a Web intelligence report using SAP ERP as data source