To subscribe to The WebI Bulletin, click the "Watch" option under Tools in the top right.
Hot Issues - 4.3 has been released!!
KBA: 1553034 - Get notified when Service Packs, Support Packages, Fix Packs, or Patches for Analytics Solutions (BusinessObjects) are released
KBA: 2342391 - How to use the SAP HotNews application - SAP ONE Support Launchpad
Blog: Updates to the SAP Business Intelligence Statement of Direction - New
- Blog discussing important information about the future of Business Intelligence. The Statement of direction pdf is linked in the blog.
KBA: 3016383 - Support Policy for IE 11 - SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) Platform - NEW
- Internet Explorer 11 support going forward, Especially important is it will no longer be supported from BI 4.3 SP2 onwards
KBA: 2998667 - Input Control based on a Variable or merged dimension does not show all the values for selection in Web Intelligence report
KBA: 2996474 - Unable to view, edit or create Web Intelligence documents in BI 4.3 when using Chrome 87 (Version 87.0.4280.66) and Microsoft Edge 87
KBA: 2974959 - BI Platform 4.2 Patches 8.4 and 7.12 for Windows unavailable for download - NEW
- Important information on the above patches!
KBA: 2966246 - Unable to create a universe or Web Intelligence document based on the Snowflake database
- Covers errors you may see when trying to use Snowflake databases with BI. Contains links to various KBAs on how to set up and configure Snowflake connections for use with Business Intelligence.
KBA: 2014953 - Installation of server and client components of BI 4.x on the same physical machine
- In BI 4.3, installing client tools on the BI Server is no longer supported, this includes things such as BI Client Tools (IDT, UDT, WRC, etc), Crystal Reports, Crystal Viewer, Lumira Discover, etc.
KBA: 2945844 - This document has been migrated. We recommend saving the document to improve its performance next time you open it. (Error: ERR_WIS_30374) appears in BI 4.3
- In BI 4.3 a warning about the document needing to be saved as a 4.3 document to help avoid potential performance issues.
KBA: 2946396 - "A data source of this document has been updated. We recommend saving the document to improve its performance next time you refresh it.(IES 10805)" appears in BI 4.3
- In BI 4.3 a warning about the document being older than the universe that it is using, save the document to avoid potential performance issues.
KBA: 2938819 - Is it possible to install Web Intelligence Rich Client on the BI 4.3 Server?
- In BI 4.3. installing the Web Intelligence Rich Client is not supported
2937378 - Release restrictions for Web Intelligence Rich Client in Business Intelligence 4.3 - HOT TOPIC!
Information on WRC release restrictions for 4.3
2937327 - Feature catch up and deprecated features for Web Intelligence in Business Intelligence 4.3 - HOT TOPIC!
Deprecated features and features not yet implemented in WebI in 4.3
2919858 - Adaptive Job Server crashes and goes to failed state
AJS crashes when publications contain a large number of profiles/recipients.
2906602 - Web Intelligence reports are sending incorrect prompt values to HANA
After migrating reports to 4.2 SP7 or SP8, HANA prompt values are passed incorrectly to HANA resulting in improper results.
2902135 - Hidden objects in UNV/UNX universe still appears in Query Panel of Web Intelligence Document in HTML Mode
- Hidden objects in UNV/UNX universe still appears in Query Panel of Web Intelligence Document in HTML Mode in 4.2 SP8
2841405 - Error in log files for recurring scheduled Web Intelligence documents with missing sources for prompts
- This note discusses changes in how Web Intelligence handles prompts and scheduling in SP7 which has resulted in various issues through out the lifespan of SP7. We have reverted the change, but now allow you to set how you want it to work. The note explains the settings and what they do.
2820929 - Web Intelligence document link opens a Blank page in Internet Explorer
- When using IE, document links in WebI do not work as expected. When left clicking on the document link, a blank new tab appears.
2794287 - Web Intelligence Rich Client crashes when working with unx universes when connected to the BI server via 3-tier / J2EE Portal mode
- Web Intelligence Rich Client crashes and throws an error that SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise has stopped working when working with unx universes when connected to the BI server via 3-tier / J2EE Portal mode
2664663 - BI4.2 Sp5 upgrade resets Webi processing server parameters to defaults
- WebI processing servers will not release memory consumed and will grow uncontrollably.
2656446 - SAP Official position regarding SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence Java Applet viewer
- WebI processing servers will not release memory consumed and will grow uncontrollably.
2541155 - Business Intelligence Suite Web Intelligence Applet Certificate Expiration Includes JAR Signature Timestamping
- An explanation regarding the WebI applet jar files with their expiry time and timestamps and how they work together for a valid certificate.
2439342- The message "This plug-in is not supported" or "“Web Intelligence Applet cannot be loaded, please make sure you have installed a Java virtual machine" when attempting to launch the Java Report Panel, Rich Internet Application or Web Intelligence Applet interface in Firefox
- Firefox 52.0 and later has disabled support for the NPAPI by default so no Java applets wil launch, including the Webi Applet. You will get the error "This plug-in is not supported" or “Web Intelligence Applet cannot be loaded, please make sure you have installed a Java virtual machine". Work around listed in the kba
- Web Intelligence and Semantic Layer have both been added to Chat Support for BI! You can check out the above blog that discusses Chat for BI as well as the video KBA that I have posted in the Notes/KBA section to see how to do it.
- Microsoft is ending support for older version of Internet Explorer. After January 12 2016, any Internet Explorer specific issues discovered in the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform will need to be reproduced in the mentioned supported browser versions before Development can investigate.
- Note further discussing the removal of NPAPI support from Google Chrome and how it affects Web Intelligence Java applet users. Google has turned this feature off as of September 1.
2156305- Chrome 42 no longer supports Java by default therefore the Web Intelligence Applet will not launch
- Chrome 42 has disabled support for the NPAPI by default so no Java applets wil launch, including the Webi Applet. You will get the error "This plug-in is not supported". Work around listed in the kba.
Web Intelligence and Oracle Java Runtime Environment Known Issues
- recent Oracle and Microsoft Security updates have caused the WebI Applet interface to pop up warnings on start-up and possibly stop working. This page contains up-to-date information concerning all known issues.
Video: What's New In SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 SP1 - Web Intelligence - New
- Video blog with demos of the new Webi and Semantic Layer features in 4.3 SP1
Video: What's New In SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 SP1 - BI Launch Pad - New
- Video blog with demos of the new BI Launchpad features in 4.3 SP1
Blog: SAP BI 4.3 SP1: What’s New In Web Intelligence and Semantic Layer - New
- Blog discussing new features in both WebI and Semantic Layer that are in 4.3 SP1
Blog: SAP BusinessObjects 4.3: Whats New
- Blog discussing new features in BI 4.3
Blog: SAP BI 4.3: What’s New In Web Intelligence and Semantic Layer
- Blog discussing new features in both WebI and Semanic Layer that are in 4.3
Documentation: SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.3 Documentation
- Documentation for Business Intelligence 4.3
Documentation: SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.3 Product Availability Matrix (PAM)
- PAM for Business Intelligence 4.3
KBA: 2906634 - How to update Web Intelligence reports from unv to unx universes using the BI Automation Framework
- For BI 4.2 SP5 and on, an easy method for converting WebI reports from unv to unx en masse
KBA: 2523216 - How to use easy tracing for BI client tools
- Provides easy to use BAT files that makes collecting log files for BI Client tools quick and painless
Blog: Web Intelligence Interface Customization Enhancements
- Blog that goes over the new customization enhancements added in 4.2 SP7
KBA: 2864030 - How to configure Fontalias.xml file for Web Intelligence ?
- Information on how to configure the Fontalias.xml file for fonts in Web Intelligence documents
Blog: Finding Business Hours Between Two Datetimes
- Blog that helps show a method to get the number of business hours between two dates
Blog: SAP Announced SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 Beta Release
- Blog the beta release of BI 4.3
KBA: 2592970 - How to configure SSL Certificates for Universe Client Tools
- Information on setting up SSL certifications for your Universe tools
KBA: 2551771 - Security For Odata or Web Service Connections
- Goes over how security for Odata connections is done
Blog: Discover BI4.3 #ASUG Webcast Recap
- Blog ASUG webcasts that contain information on BI 4.3 that is upcoming
Blog: SAP BI 4.2 SP7: What’s New In Web Intelligence and Semantic Layer
- Blog discussing new features in both WebI and Semanic Layer that are in 4.2 SP7
Blog: SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence Calculation Engine Changes
- Updated with "Rounding method for high-precision Decimal numbers"
Note: 2523914 - WebIntelligence - Information about coreinfo functionality
- A note discussing the new coreinfo text files that are generated upon s WPS crash.
Note: Support Components and Responsibilities for BI Platform [Which component to raise an incident in]
- A note showing which component to use when creating your support incident.
Blog: How to use SAP HANA Express, Edition with SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 4.2
- A blog discussing using SAP HANA Express with Web Intelligence.
Blog: Conditional Scheduling in SAP BI Web Intelligence
- A blog discussing how to use publications to schedule based on conditions.
(Enhancements suggested through Customer Influence site for Web Intelligence: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/895 )
Add Data Tab to HTML WEBI Client
Add the data tab that was in the Java applet to the HTML viewer for ease of transition
Enhance the Custom Format Number functionality in WebI
Improve how customer number formats work in WebI
The Web Intelligence Bulletin is a central location that is regularly updated with links to hot issues, new documentation and resources, and upcoming events of interest to the Web Intelligence User and Administrator. This page is maintained by members of SAP Product Support, Jason Everly and Mike Neville.
We will update this page with links to the following:
recent frequently seen issues
information (blogs, documentation, wiki pages)
To keep up-to-date with Web Intelligence information, subscribe to this page by clicking the Tools drop down on the right and clicking Watch.
Note : Questions concerning Web Intelligence or concerning the information contained within this page should be asked by starting a discussion in the SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence forum here:
SAP KBA 2448791 is showing as being edited. Can you update this page or some how trigger the watch email when it is available?
It was updated today so you probably caught it while that was happening.
It should be ok now..EXCEPT!! the note that it references is internal for some reason.
I am emailing the developer to find out why.
Both Notes should now be visible.