Best Practice Document
Performance Improvement Features
- Analysis of Statistics Data with INA Clients
- BW INA Performance Analysis Metrics
- BW Live - Number of parallel sessions for BW data sources
- BW INA Auto Variable Submit
- BW INA Minimize Attributes
- BW INA Reduce QueryDataCells
- BW Live Connectivity Smart Query
Some advice for measuring performance with BW Live scenarios.
- Do not measure with HAR files to measure communication with backend. They contain all requests even the majority which are served from cache and never reach the backend. Use Fiddler instead. And furthermore 50% of attached HAR files contain corrupted JSON and cannot be used.
- Be careful, do not press F5 key during measurememt. E.g. Edge asks the server for each JS file again whether it is still up-to-date (IF-MODIFIED => 304) leading to hundreds of 304 (not changed) responses.
The easiest is to take an empty browser tab and the start the URL there with Return.