SAP Analytics Cloud can consume SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform Universes in two ways:
- Live. This means the data is not uploaded to SAP Analytics Cloud, instead the data stays on-premise.
- Imported. This means the data is uploaded to SAP Analytics Cloud.
Live Universe Connectivity
Live Universe Connectivity can be configured in two ways:
- Using a 'PATH' which means a Reverse Proxy is used.
- Using 'DIRECT' which means no Reverse Proxy is required, instead CORS is used to enable the data connectivity
Architecture for PATH (using a Reverse Proxy)
- User interaction with the data is truly live
- Database performance is critical
SSL is a requirement on the Web App ‘cs_ina_agent’
All security provided by the BI Platform is inherited
Architecture for DIRECT (using CORS)
- The direct (CORS) connection just removes the need for a Reverse Proxy
- SSL is a requirement on the Web App ‘cs_ina_agent’
This wiki is referenced by a blog which describes a number of noteworthy items. Typically please comment on the blog, not directly on these wiki pages.