What it is
Collaboration Tasks enable casual users to collaborate on existing tasks and create new tasks, building individual, ad hoc processes. Collaboration Tasks initiate from the Universal Worklist, either inside or outside of a Collaboration Room. Additionally, you can initiate Collaboration Tasks from any application using an API.
- They are implemented by the user, for the user, so they are very user-centric.
- Users can easily create ad hoc processes that include feedback options, approvals, and actions that should be performed.
- You can start Collaboration Tasks from existing SAP Business Workflow tasks, this creates a relationship between the ad hoc process and the business object, including the object link in the ad hoc task.
- These processes are intended for ad hoc processing. Their purpose is not full-scale repeatable business processes with complex routing. They are perfect when you need to collaborate with a colleague on existing tasks, or you want to create a small process for your own personal tasks.
Example business scenarios
- You currently use Collaboration Rooms in the SAP NetWeaver Portal and you need to assign tasks to room members to complete by a specific date.
- You receive work in your Universal Worklist. However, at times you need to get someone to assist you with the work. You do not want them to do the work, but you want to start a process that will 'lock' your current task until you have received the feedback you need to act on the task.
Where to get more information
Online help is a great resource to find out more on Collaboration Tasks.