SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management Workflow
What it is
MDM workflow is a tool specific to SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management. Within MDM, it enables you to process activities parallel, sequentially, dealing with tasks, data validations, and approvals that must occur within MDM.
- Enables you to create process flows directly in MDM.
- Provides a way to deal with a group of records in a consistent manner, enforcing specific validations and approval paths.
- Users can access their MDM tasks from Universal Worklist.
- This tool is specific to SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management.
Example business scenarios
- You have a set of materials that need the same approvals for each material in MDM, the records must be dealt with in a consistent manner.
- Use MDM workflow to determine if a new master data creation request (i.e. for a new customer master, product master, employee master, vendor master, etc.) is valid. If the person managing the workflow sees this "create" workflow step and determines that this is a valid request (i.e. the creation of this master data record won't create a duplicate or invalid master data record), they can process this request via the workflow and the next step in the workflow can be executed.