The following list shows the event handlers with their attributes.
- Executed first
- Will be executed only once for "stateful"; otherwise at each call of a BSP
- Therefore appropiate only for use with "stateful"
- initializes data and creates objects
- Executed every time a BSP is accessed
- Restores the internal data structures from the request
- Should always be used if logic is to be executed independently of further navigation and independently of whether the application is stateful or stateless
- Is run through after OnRequest
- Used mainly for data retrieval(that is, reading from database tables, filling internal tables)
- Should always be used if processing of the source code is to take place only if the layout will be processed as well
- Executed under certain conditions (after a user dialog)
- Used for processing user inputs and subsequent navigation to a next page
- Used for manipulating the HTTP data stream according to the layout
- Is the last to be executed
- Only executed for "stateful" if the page is destroyed
- Therefore appropriate only for use with "stateful"
- Used for deleting information at the end of a BSP application