CUA or central use administration is actually configured to save the money and resource to manage large and similar user exist in many system in the landscape .This tool help us to manage all the user master record centrally from on client of the system .
Complex system landscapes.
Manual Maintenance of user information in all the available systems.
Tedious Administrative task
Complex administrative job may lead to Security problems
Benefits of Central User Administration
Steps by Step Process :Few Points
- We need a SAP Landscape/single system with multiple clients
- The administrator should have access to SAP and tcodes SU01, BD54, BD64, SCC4, SCUA, SCUM, SM59
- We do need to create Create system users in central system and child systems
- Create RFC connections between systems
- Create logical system
- Assign logical system to corresponding clients
- Create model view
- Add BAPI to model view
- Generate partner profiles and distribute model view
- Create CUA and distribution model
- Maintain parameters between central and child systems
First we would be needing 2 client of system's for the configuration .
For example I am hereby taking a system EC3 with 2 client : 400 (Central client ) ; 410 (Child System )
1.) Create system user :
These system users required for RFC configuration between two clients.These RFC are being required to transfer the data here. We do need to create following in the respective clients with the below defined roles :
Client 1: 400 User ,this is a central system : CUA_EC400
Client 2: 410 User,this is a child system : CUA_EC410
Above are the usernames created in client 400 and 410 respectively with below roles.
User CUA_EC400 with below roles(roles in the central system)
User CUA_EC410with below roles( roles in the child system)
2.)Create RFC connections between system:
1.Go to SM59 tcode and select ABAP connections
2.Click "Create" button or press F8
3.Enter the RFC connection name(ie.EC3CLNT400&EC3CLNt410) and choose connection type as 3 which means ABAP connecions
4.Enter the description of the RFC like "RFC connection for CUA" and save
5.Now Enter the Target Host as system name(Computer name) of the EC3 system or enter the IP address of the system and system number of EC3(like 00)
6.All the above settings must be carried out on "Technical Settings" tab
7.Next go to "Logon & Security" tab
8.Enter the Client number of the target client EC3system i.e.
9.Also enter the username and password which is created in EC3 target client in initial stage
10.Language is optional and similarly Unicode option in Unicode tab
11.You can select "Unicode" option if target system is Unicode system or leave it
12.Now save the settings and you will be prompted "Connection will be used for Remote logon"
13.Click "OK" and Click "Connection Test" or Ctrl+F3
3.)Create logical system:
4.)Assign logical system to corresponding clients:
5.)Create model view:
- Login to the central client of the system
- Go to transaction BD64 amd click on chage button .
3. click create model view button and enter the model view
4. Enter a short description and technical name as shown in the below and hit ok button
6.)Add BAPI to model view:
7.)Generate partner profiles and distribute Model View:
8.)Create CUA and distribution model:
9.)Maintain parameter between central and child systems: