|Link to this page: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/CYZxFw|
To help with troubleshooting and provide additional information.
Symptom, Reason and prerequisites, Solution, Workaround.
- hanging saposcol process
- several (defunct, zombie) saposcol processes left
- dev_coll contains errors pointing to HPVMGuestLib_UpdateInfo() function, similar to: ERROR: pfhpuxvirt.c 734: HPVMGuestLib_OpenHandle (): return code 1
- output of pstack <process ID of saposcol> contain HPVMGuestLib_UpdateInfo()
Reason and prerequisites
- saposcol is V3.1.0 2013-06-20 or older (check it by saposcol -V, in ST06 transaction or in dev_coll)
- VMGuestLib is of version 6.20 or lower (check it by swlist -l file VirtualBase | grep VMGuestLib)
- install the newest saposcol, but at least V3.1.2 2014-10-06 - see this SAP Help Portal link and note 918279 (S-user required)
- install the latest HPVM guest library patches on the guest system (PHSS_44111 or supersedes) - see note 918279 and 2020706 (S-user required)
- restart saposcol - see this SAP Help Portal link
1. Collect the below outputs to verify
# ll /dev/hpvmdynmem
# kcmodule hpvmdynmem
The hpvmdynmem device file may stale. It points to driver <nnn> which is <xxxxxx> and not to hpvmdynmem at <mmm>.
2. To remove and re-create the /dev/hpvmdynmem file
#mknod /dev/hpvmdynmem c 171 0
(note the above example assumes that the hpvmdynmem driver is using device 171 - this value may vary between systems)
3. One can check if it works fine by doing:
# cat </dev/hpvmdynmem
It should print out some stats. SAPOSCOL should work fine after re-creating the file.
4. Restart saposcol - see this SAP Help Portal link