To help with troubleshooting.
Various issues occurs while working with profiles in RZ10 transaction. Steps to resolve these issues.
- Profiles exist with different hostname at the end
- Parameter changes are not saved
- Profile cannot be activated, for example following error message appears: 'Unknown error activating profile <profile name> '
- SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC shortdump occurs during profile import
False or duplicate entries in TPFHT and TPFET tables. TPFHT: Profile header, administration data for profiles in DB, TPFET: Table of profile parameters
Possible resolution steps with examples
1. First of all delete and import the concerned profiles
a. Choose the profile
b. Delete all versions in the database - don't delete the profile file on operating system level!
c. Import profiles
d. Check if the issue afterwards still persists. If yes -> see step 2 and 3 below
2. If support package level is lower than SAPKB70208, refer to SAP Note 1586925 - correction exists.
3. If release is not 702 or support package level is higher than SAPKB70208 , delete and recreate both TPFET and TPFHT tables via SE14 transaction and import the profiles. Refer to this SAP Help Portal document: The Database Utility