Steps for client copy using client export-import method
- System message: To keep the users informed about the client copy and unavailability of systems, please create a system message in SAP system (SM02).
- You must neither work in the source nor in the target client.
So, Lock Users: Only administrator user IDs should be active and all other SAP user IDs should be locked so that no user intervention can occur at the time of client copy in the source system (SU01).
- There must not be any background job running or in released status in the SAP system (SM37).
- Check for TMS configuration and ensure there are no updated errors in SM13 of source client.
- Make sure that there is enough space in target system table spaces and in Common Transport directory.
- To keep the User Master Records and Authorization Profiles same after client copy, take the export of SAP_USER profile.
- For performing a client copy we must check the size of the client and availability of space in the target system for copying that client.
- Authorization required to copy client, to export and import client as well as to perform the steps related to transport management system must be assigned to the SAP user performing the Sap client copy as per SAP recommendations.
- Source SAP system and Target SAP system should be same release.
- Transport tools like tp and R3trans should be working accurately in the SAP systems.
- No SAP users should be able to login to the source as well as target SAP system so that there is no inconsistency in the SAP system.
Log on to source system - source client and make sure that all above steps have been performed .Then go to tcode SCC8 for Export. Select a client profile according to data to be copied as a Transport request. Mention target system into which the client should be copied. Configure this as a background or dialogue process.
According to the client profile selected and the data available, maximum 3 transport requests will be created and automatically exported to target system mentioned. The requests are like
<sid>KO<No> - For cross client data
<sid>KT<No> - For client specific data
<sid>KX<No> - For client specific texts
Once above TRs got created, all of them automatically released and exported to a target system. This can be checked in SE01 or SCC3.
Log on to target system(client) and execute STMS tcode.
STMS > import overview > refresh the buffer to find exported requests →import Queue of target
Client → start import.
In case 3 transport requests are created in export any one of the TR is started then the rest TRs also get imported in to target client automatically.