This space is for recordinguseful software, not owned or supported by SAP, that may save time or money, or make life easier.
Putty Telnet and related tools
Windows Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Manager
- RDP Manager - Information about this tool can be found here
- KeePass - Information about the tool can be found here - It can manage passwords for you along with generate them, great for system accounts, two factor authentication to open the database, put in a central location to have your entire team have access to the passwords.
- Notepad ++ (For opening and monitoring delta changes of log files on Windows)
- ping (Already exists in all OS types. Used to check if there is a TCP/IP connection to the target system)
- telnet (Already exists in all OS types. Used to check if there is a port connection to the target systems port) Note, recent versions of Windows (examples are 7 & 2008) do not have telnet installed by default, they have to be added by 'Features' and ensure you select 'Telnet Client' instead of 'Telnet Server'.
Unknown User (ojglahc)
mobaxterm is good. Thanks for that. It provides the functionality of Putty+WinSCP in single window.
An alternative to "RDP Manager" is "mRemoteNG" (=Multi-Remote Next Generation, https://mremoteng.org/). An open source, tabbed, multi-protocol, remote connections manager for Windows. It does not even include RDP, but also VNC (Virtual Network Computing), ICA (Citrix Independent Computing Architecture), SSH (Secure Shell), Telnet (TELecommunication NETwork), HTTP/HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol), rlogin, Raw Socket Connections. I use it everyday to connect to OS on my SAP servers.