EPM Add-in - creating a local connection to BPC NW
This Wiki explains how to set up a local connection in EPM add-in to a BPC 10 NW server (using the SAP BW OLE DB provider)
Local connections are .oqy files. These connections can be stored on your machine or another machine
on the network.
- In BPC admin, for the model you want to connect to, tick the parameter “Use as source of data
2. On the BW server, this will create a “virtual provider” with the same name followed by _B
3. On the system entry properties (of the BW server), note the application server and instance number
4. On the BW connection screen, note the client number and language
Setup local connection
- Setup a local connection, use the 'SAP BW OLE Provider" and click 'connect'
2. From the pre-requisites (steps 3 & 4) enter all relevant details
3. Enter a valid user and password
4. You should now see the InfoProviders, select the virtual provider (see step 2 of the pre-requisites)
5. The system will have created the local connection
6. Save the .oqy file to an appropriate folder, for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\odbc\data sources
7. Make sure to show 'local connection' in the EPM add-in connection screen, so the connection can be re-used.