This wiki provides information on using SAP Financial Information Management with SAP Strategy Management.
* FIM application is used to load KPI data and Initiatives into Strategy Management using the web services interface (installed by default in the SM environment).
* The integration between FIM10 and SM10 is possible as of support package 03 or later of FIM10.
Unlike other connectors to EPM applications (like IC, PCM, BFC, etc.), it is not necessary to have single-sign-on between FIM and SM (as a result, there is no need to integrate BI or IPS with SM). Instead, the FIM datastore will contain the credentials under which FIM connects to SM.
Strategy Management Configuration
In order to load KPI data into SM, you need to create a connection between the Strategy Management application and the FIM repository database. This connection needs to be created by an SM administrator on the PAS server using LinkID.
* If the FIM repository is hosted by a SQL Server, you need to create an ODBC datasource on the PAS server before creating the LinkID.
* If the FIM repository is hosted on an Oracle Server, you can move directly to the next step (LinkID creation).
1. ODBC datasource creation
This ODBC datasource is created as follows:
- Run the 32-bit version of the ODBC Administrator tool (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe).
- In tab “System SDN”, click “Add”:
- In the Driver list, select “SQL Server” then “Finish”:
- The window “Create new Data Source to SQL” will popup. Fill the fields with the following information: name of the ODBO datasource, a description, the name of the FIM server. Then click “Next”:
- Specify the authentication type and the login credentials to the FIM SQL Server then click “Next”:
- Change the default database to the FIM repository database, leave the other options to the default selection then click on “Next”:
- Select Perform translation for character data, then click "Finish":
- A window will popup to inform you that the ODBC has been created. Click on “Test Data Source”:
- Check that the test result is successful:
2. LinkID Creation
The LinkIDs are created in SM application server as follows:
- Connect to PAS:
- Right click on “Link IDs”, select “New -> Link ID”:
- If the FIM repository is hosted on a SQL Server, choose the ODBC datasource previously created:
- Then enter the name for the LinkID:
- If the FIM repository is hosted on an Oracle Server, choose the database type as “Oracle (OCI)":
- Then enter the needed LinkID properties:
3. Configuring System Properties
In order to use the FIM application, it is necessary to fill the following FIM properties for the SM application in the Netweaver Administration Console:
FIMurl: the http link to the FIM application. Allows you to launch FIM from the “Edit Initiatives” page in SM.
FIMLinkID: the linkID used to connect to the FIM repository database.
This can be done as follows:
- Connect to the Netweaver Administration Console.
- Go to “Configuration -> Infrastructure -> Java System Properties”.
- Under “Templates”, select “Applications” then filter with “strategy”.
- Select "xapps-cpm-sm-strategymanagement":
- Under “Extended Details”, Select “Properties”.
- Find “FIMLinkID”, select “Modify”, then enter the name of the LinkID to be used:
- Find “FIMurl”, select “Modify”, then enter the FIM url:
Strategy Management Datastore Creation in FIM
A datastore to Strategy Management is defined as follows:
Datastore type: select "SAP BusinessObjects Strategy Management”
Root Server URL: corresponds to the URL of the SM server.
User Name and Password: credentials used to access the SM application.
Database Name: the SM database.
Model Name: Model into which data will be imported.
Strategy Management as Target
Strategy Management application can only be used as a Target System in a FIM job.
If you want to load KPIs, select KPIs and if you wand to load initiatives, select Initiatives, then select the appropriate Context and Initiative from the list :