The purpose of this page is to document how to activate/deactivate Microsoft Distributed Transactions in remote Servers.
In order to use the Transport functionality in SAP Disclosure Management it may be necessary to activate/enable Microsoft Distributed Transactions (MSDTC) in remote Servers to avoid errors when you run distributed transactions against an instance of SQL Server.
- Connect to the Remote Server
- Go To Start --> Search--> and type dcomcnfg, run the file dcomcnfg.exe
- Expand Console Root up to the Local DTC, Click on "More Actions" and select Properties --> Security
- Enable the following check boxes
- Network DTC Access
- Allow Remote Clients and Allow Remote Administration
- Allow Inbound
- Allow Outbound
- No Authentication Required
- Enable XA Transactions
- Enable SNA LU 6.2 Transactions
- Click on OK and Yes for the MSDTC service to be restarted