How to change the default location for saving EPM add-in reports.
The default save location for EPM add-in reports can be changed on the user level. Each user can have a different default location.
The default save location is listed in EPMXLClientPreference.XML which can be found in X:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\EPMOfficeClient.
To change this location from within the add-in, go through the following:
1. In the Excel ribbon, click Options | User Options.
2. Click the Server Configuration tab and click the ellipse button next to Default Folder for Local Open/Save.
3. Browse to the folder location and click OK. The selected folder will now be listed.
To change this location without launching the add-in, go through the following:
1. Make a copy of EPMXLClientPreference.XML. In Windows 7, the default location for this file is X:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\EPMOfficeClient.
2. Edit EPMXLClientPreference.XML.
3. At the bottom of the file, find the following line:
4. Put in an extra line below this and use the following:
For example, if the path should be C:\Temp, the two lines would look like this:
5. Once the changes have been saved, if the add-in is open, log out and log back in to see the changes.