The Purpose of this page is to explain the steps needed for mapping and tagging in SAP XBRL Publishing.
Report Builder helps you associate business concepts defined in an XBRL taxonomy to data and conceptual information in Microsoft Excel and Word files.
A mapped workbook can be used as a Report Builder template. The mapped workbook can also be used to validate fact values, generate an XBRL instance document, or import a XBRL instance document for validation or analysis.
Steps for mapping and tagging
- In this demo we will map and tag "Revenues"
- Search the XBRL taxonomy for the concepts that correspond to the items in the financial statements (Click “Search” in Report Builder).
- Type the word (for example: revenues) and click the green arrow to the right of the text.
- Several matches will be found amongst the thousands of concepts in the taxonomy.
- Click on the correspondent row in search results.
- Click “Revenues” in upper tree.
- Select Revenues and tag with a simple drag and drop (Drag “Revenues” from upper tree to cell E26).
- The cell background color is now yellow indicating that the concept has been tagged.
- Click on the “Contexts” and tag the appropriate XBRL “context” to the report item to identify time period and entity(Drag highlighted context row to cell E26).
- This time the background color changes to green to indicate that the information has been tagged and similarly tagged items are highlighted.