SAP CRM Client-Based Groupware Integration
- The purpose of this page is to provide an overview of SAP CRM Client Groupware Integration's functionality and configuration.
- This page will be regularly updated with related content.
- Client-based Groupware Integration enables the synchronization of tasks, appointments, and contacts between Microsoft Outlook or IBM Lotus Notes and SAP CRM.
- The user can view and modify data from a Groupware Client or CRM and control how this is synchronized between the systems.
Data can be transferred in both directions or in one direction only.
- The provided functionally allows the user to easily relate items in groupware to CRM and synchronise the systems so related content is available in both.
Groupware Integration - Educational Material:
Details on all the Client side groupware functionality, including what is already added on this page refer to SAP Online help....
Client Based Groupware General information
Settings and Configuration
- Client-Side Groupware Synchronization Settings
- Groupware Profile
- Client-Based Groupware, Profile Parameters Transaction GWIPROFILE
- Relate to SAP CRM
- Automatic Synchronization
- CRM Client-Based Groupware Integration Limitations
- Read-only Programmatic Access Security Settings
- Client Groupware Daylight Saving Settings
- Client Groupware Exclude From Synchronization Settings
Item Synchronization and behaviour.
Mapping of Values between CRM and Groupware Clients,
- Business Address Synchronization between Groupware and CRM. (Address Delimiter )
- Phone Number Formats when Synchronizing between Groupware and CRM.
Installation and Upgrade
- Additional related information is available on the SAP CRM Help Portal at the following location: Groupware Integration Help