In addition to mandatory fields, CRM system provides incompleteness check to ensure the end users do not miss filling any important data while processing documents on WebUI.
- The data can be any field on header or item level on WebUI.
- The data in incompleteness check is defined by object’s field that corresponds to transparent (DB) table’s field.
- You can customize the incompleteness check to raise either warning or error when saving the document when the data is incomplete.
- Unlike mandatory fields, incompleteness check does not block document saving.
- The scope of incompleteness check can be different for each transaction type and item category.
[ Customizing → SPRO → Customer Relationship Management → Transactions → Basic Settings → Incompleteness Check → Define Incompleteness Procedures ]
1. Define an incompleteness group.
- You may create a single incompleteness group for both header and item fields.
- It is also a good solution to create separate incompleteness groups for the transaction type (header level) and item categories (item level) assigned in item category determination per your business requirements.
2. Define the incompleteness procedures.
- In an incompleteness procedure, you can group fields together that you want to check for completeness. If you do not enter data in any of these fields in the business transaction, the transaction is considered incomplete.
- System logic: while creating a document, the system checks if there is the field (defined by Object Name and Field Name) on header, item or both (defined by Relevance) in the document. If there is no such field, nothing further is performed by the system. If there is such field, system raises error or warning (defined in Message Category) and run status business transaction (defined in Bus. Transaction) if value is missing.
- Select object name and then field name from value help on which you plan to perform incompleteness check. In some cases, you may fill object name and field name that do not belong to each other, and save the customizing. System does not prevent it. Eventually, there is no effect, as there is no such field on the UI.
- Select Relevance from [Header and Item], [A Header], or [B Item].
- [Header and Item]: system checks on both header and item level if there is such field and if it is filled with a value.
- [A Header]: system checks on header level only if there is such field and if it is filled with a value.
- [B Item]: system checks on item level only if there is such field and if it is filled with a value.
- Message Category: if value of this field is missing, you expect the system to raise error or warning.
- Bus. Transaction: if value of this field is missing, this status business transaction is executed to set or delete system status per customizing in BS33.
3. assign incompleteness procedure to incompleteness group.
- Each incompleteness group can be assigned with only one incompleteness procedure.
- You may assign the same incompleteness procedure to multiple incompleteness groups.
4. assign incompleteness groups to transaction type or item category
- Assign incompleteness group to transaction types.
- Use position to find your transaction type.
- You can to assign only one Incompleteness group to your transaction type.
- The same conditions are valid in the incompleteness check for all transaction types that have the same incompleteness group assigned.
- Assign incompleteness group to item category.
- Use position to find your item category.
- You can assign only one Incompleteness group to your item category.
- The same conditions are valid in the incompleteness check for all item categories that have the same incompleteness group assigned.
- You may assign the same incompleteness group to both transaction type to check incompleteness on header level and item category to check incompleteness on item level.