Generating demand, creating brand awareness and building long-term profitable relationships with customers are the top three marketing goals. Typically, marketing begins with analyzing market segments and identifying who your most valuable customers are. Marketing includes a variety of activities such as creating and running marketing campaigns across multiple channels, connecting with target customers, generating leads to support the sales force, producing and providing collateral and, last but not least, analyzing the success of all these activities in order to improve the effectiveness of your marketing efforts.
Key marketing functions of SAP CRM include:
- Marketing planning to help plan all marketing activities centrally and implement them across the enterprise
- Campaign management to control the complete marketing campaign process, including design, execution, coordination, optimization, and monitoring
- Lead management to enable sales professionals to use SAP CRM for gathering, qualifying, and distributing leads
- Customer segmentation to allow business users to create highly targeted segments at the customer, partner, organizational, prospect, and group levels
- Personalization to create personalized product proposals for each Web site visitor, whether the visitor is a prospect or customer
- Marketing analytics to analyze customer behavior, segments, competitors, products, market channels, trends, profitability, and third-party market data