Common Scenario's in Discrete Manufacturing
One full cycle of PP.
- Material master must have been created
- BOM of the material must have been created for all Semi finished and finished material.
- Work center where the work is to be performed must have been created.
- Routing must have been created for all Semi finished and finished material.
- If any Production version is there means create a production version in MM02 or C223.
Steps Involved in Complete cycle:
- Requirements is flowing in any of the two ways or both, one from sales order( VA01), another from Planned independent requirement( MD61) or customer requirement( MD81).
- Check whether the requirement is flowing correctly in Stock requirement list( MD04)
- Run a MRP in Single material multilevel (MD02) if there is any Reorder point planning material run MRP in Plant level ( MD01)
- Check whether planned order is created for a header material and all dependent material in Stock requirement list (MD04).
- Convert the planned order into purchase requisition for external procurement material (MD14 or MD15 or MD04), if it is in house production convert the planned order in to production order in stock requirement list (MD04, CO40 for individual conversion, CO41 for collective conversion, CO48 for partial conversion).
- Once production order is created, release the order, allocate the capacity to work center, availability check and check the cost and save it.
- Once the order is created, dependent requirement is converted into reservation.
- Issue the dependent material to the order in MB1A,
- Confirm the order using CO15, if you want to confirm operation wise , then confirm in CO11N.
- Once the confirmation is made, then goods receipt for the order is carried out
- Set TECO in CO02 ( change of production order)
- Month end activity(Calculate the WIP in KKAX)
- Calculate the Overhead in KKS2, variance calculation and settlement of order.
Set the back flush indicator in any of the following things
- In Material Master in MRP 2 views.
- In Work center in basic data view you have to tick the back flush indicator. It will affect only material used in particular work center.
- In Routing, Component allocation Screen you can set back flush indicator. It will affect only in that routing.
- In the customizing, in OPK4 tick the Goods movement all components in the General valid setting.
- In the final operation of the routing, enter Control key with Auto GR tick
- In OPKP Production Scheduling profile tick Auto GR in The GR screen.
SCRAP HANDLING IN SAP PP
- Create material master for scrap material with MRP type ND & backflush indicator 1.
- Enter the scrap material in the BOM with negative quantity if that is a planned scrap (If scrap is generating on regular basis it can be considered as planned scrap).
- In routing, assign the scrap component to the particular operation in which it is getting generated.
If Quality department has already entered the scrap quantity, no need to enter by production department. If there is scrap in some extra quantity which is not recognized by quality then that extra scrap quantity should be entered by Production.
Using movement type 531 we post the scrap while confirming the operation. If it is planned scrap it will come automatically in the goods movement screen in confirmation. If it is unplanned scrap, scrap material and quantity can be entered manually in goods movement screen in confirmation screen itself and save.
Generally in the Shop floor, rework happen frequently, In SAP rework is done by different ways
- Automatic triggering of rework order when we enter rework qty in confirmation screen.
- If rework has to be done immediately after entering in to rework qty in the confirmation screen before proceeding next operation, by done by control key with rework option and enter the time in operational detail and operation quantity.
- Create a reference operation set and create a rework order with rework order type and settle the rework order into main production order.
If the order quantity is 100, and have 5 oprn, in the second operation rework happened means confirm the operation with partial confirmation with entering yield and rework quantity, and create a rework order, in the rework order confirm the quantity with Final operation. Again in main production order, in the 2 nd operation confirm the rework quantity with out entering any activity in the confirmation with final confirmation.