How do I become a blogger?
- Quite, simple really, click this link and complete your profile. Once you receive the confirmation email you are ready to go!
Blogging First Steps
- Read these guidelines for blogging
- Posting Your First Blog - eClass (login required). Recording that describes posting a blog as a "weblogger" blogger (formerly entitled "junior" blogger).
- Read the following to add an image (screenshot) to your blog - Adding blog graphics
- Basic blogging information can be read on Blogging 101
- To improve your chances to blog for BPX read Portrait of a BPX Blog Rejecter
- https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5284To insert a video: click on the "media" icon above your text. Enter the video URL and add the following to the end of the URL: &hl=en.
- To run a podcast in your blog, click the "media" icon and insert the URL. Choose a player, e.g. Quicktime and check the advanced option, e.g. you might not want the video to loop.
- If you copy your content from MS Word, make sure you choose the little Word text icon at the top of the screen "Main text of weblog", i.e. copy from Word (CTRL C) and paste using the W icon (DO NOT USE CTRL V).
Here's a screenshot with the W-Icon highlighted:
- Some people have experienced problems pasting texts into the "Main text of weblog" window, e.g. text looked like HTML code with tags. Trouble shoot as follows:
- Did you paste it using the "W" icon? If not, remove the content and try this.
- If this doesn't work, you will have to edit it and click the "html" option in the editor on the right side of the toolbar and manually clean it up.
- In any case, make sure you select your URL to open in a new window by selecting each of your links, clicking on the link icon at the top of your text and choosing "open link in a new window".
In order to upload your profile picture , please make sure it is a high resolution picture where your face is seen clearly, and send it by mail to:
Note: When commenting to blogs
If you wish to include a long URL in your comment, please do it at the bottom of your comment so that it won't appear in the excerpted text and cause the column to widen & skew.
Do not use the comment section of a blog to communicate e-mail addresses and/or request a contact per e-mail. Consider commenting on a blog as similar to posting in the forums: if you want to connect with someone in the community, the e-mail address visible in the business card should allow to do so.
Steps to fix an 'oops' such as missing URL
- Go to "Blogger home" or "Expert home"
- Pick "Your Weblogs"
- Select the blog to edit
- Click Edit
- Change the URL
How to Submit
When your blog is ready for final submission,click on Edit and select Ready for Approval as your blog Status and then submit. Your blog will then move from the Draft Posts to the Posts ready for approval. It will take a few days for your blog to be approved and published.
- The 1-2-3 Steps To Producing a Weblog Brian McKellar's classic blog with technical tips
- Weblog formatting Tips and Tricks Mark Finnern describes which HTML tags to use and avoid
- Weblog: What formats are allowed?Craig Cmehil gives you the run down
- Weblogs: Making it easier... Craig Cmehil offers some developer tips for working around the blog editor
- Why don't they let me blog? Marilyn Pratt describes how to increase your chances of having your application to blog and your blogs accepted
- Tracking Weblogs related to a particular topic Add links to related weblogs in the forum threads
- Why should I blog? Question asked and answered on the Clue Train to SAP TechEd 2008 in Berlin.
- Writing Weblog - Made Easy Using MS Word How to use MS Word for Creating, Editing, and Uploading the blog
- Spell checking a blog with Mozilla Firefox Blag shared this tip
- Blogging in the SAP Community Network 101 Natascha Schuberth Thomson gives tip on writing your first blog
- Blogs Mosha Naveh tells in detail about blog writing.
- How to Blog Video Craig Cmehil demonstrates how to blog.