Creating data scorecards helps your Information Governance group track themselves against KPIs (IT metrics and business-focused metrics). These KPIs help you focus your efforts on high-value data elements.
When the business is unsure of where to focus their information efforts, a data scorecard can help guide. When the business is unsure if the efforts they have put into information governance are really paying off, data scorecards help quantify the impact. Without sufficient data scorecards, the business will experience these problems:
- Valuable time is spent on fixing non-critical data problems
- The business is not clear on the value of their enterprise data or on the efficiency of their business processes
- Information governance staff efforts are constantly shifting, because the business is unsure of the value they provide
- With SAP Information Steward, you establish a scorecard of critical data issues that the business can easily understand.
- With SAP Information Steward, you establish a scorecard of critical data issues that IT can easily understand.
- With SAP Information Steward, you can monitor how well you are doing against these metrics over time, thereby identifying critical issues before business processes are impacted.
- The business is confident in their data investments.
- The business can target data efforts toward high-prioritiy and business-process critical data elements, which helps address issues proactively.
- Business, IT, and Lines of Business can customize the data scorecards to displays that make the most sense to them.
- Information governance: commonly asked questions
- Information governance blog
- Information governance solutions, overview
- Information governance products: Information Steward , Data Services , Master Data Management , Business Process Management , Enterprise Content Management , Information Lifecycle Management , Business Rules Management , and Business Intelligence
- eLearning: Setting up a scorecard
- eLearning: Defining rules tasks and viewing results