SAP BusinessObjects Data Migration
SAP offers a data migration offering to enable migration to any application. SAP BusinessObjects Data migration is broken down into the following steps:
- Data is profiled and extracted from the source system.
- Data is mapped to the target data structures.
- Data is validated against the target business context.
- Data is loaded into the target system.
- Data is reconciled between the target system and the source system.
- The entire process is done iteratively until the data is ready for load into the production target system.
The solution has three major components:
- Software components, driven by SAP BusinessObjects Data Services
- Migration content , developed by SAP’s Best Practices and SAP Rapid Deployment solution organizations
- Consulting services, provided by SAP Services & partners
Resources to learn more about data migration.
- *New* SAP Education training course on Data Migration: TZIM4M (available in the USA now - global rollout to follow)
- *New* Training on Data Migration and demo on new HCM content released Sept, 2011, Part 1
- *New* Training on Data Migration and demo on new Data Quality and Governance content released Sept, 2011, Part 2
- 5 minute demo on data migration
- First look at SAP's data migration solution
- Installing Data Services and the migration content
- SAP Best Practices content for data migration
- Elearning for data migration:
- Data Migration methodology in ASAP
- Getting started on Data Services