Establishing service level agreements (SLAs) for key information sources can help you stop bad information from entering your system. AND these SLAs can incentivize third party providers or internal stakeholders to provide better quality information in a more timely mannger.
Certain business units or third party providers may be significantly impacting the effectiveness of both your information governance staff and your business processes. Unless you establish realistic SLAs (and track against those SLAs for compliance), your business will experience these problems:
- Valuable time is spent fixing the same types of data errors again and again. And again.
- After initial clean-up projects, data quality degrades as LOBs return to their data habits.
- Information governance staff is not respected, as LOBs and third party providers assume the cause of their trouble is bad master data.
- With SAP Information Steward, you can operationalize SLAs into a scorecard tuned to each individual data stakeholder.
- With SAP Information Steward, you automate compliance checking of those SLAs and widely publish results.
- With SAP Information Steward, you can monitor how well you are doing against these SLAs over time, thereby identifying critical issues before business processes are impacted.
- LOBs and third party data providers are more educated on what fit-for-use data means.
- Business processes are more efficient, as the quality of the supporting data elements is consistent and checked for compliance.
- Third party providers can be held to the SLAs to the extent of renegotiated contracts or data quality fees.
- Information governance: commonly asked questions
- Information governance blog
- Information governance solutions, overview
- Information governance products: Information Steward , Data Services , Master Data Management , Business Process Management , Enterprise Content Management , Information Lifecycle Management , Business Rules Management , and Business Intelligence
- eLearning: Setting up a scorecard
- eLearning: Defining rules tasks and viewing results