How do you get a license key?
To get a permanent license key or a temporary license key, please follow the steps as described in KBA 1502717 or KBA 1288121.
License key for Information Platform Services (IPS)
- Versions of IPS prior to 4.2 SP2:
- IMPORTANT: When installing IPS, make sure to use InstallIPS.exe on Windows or InstallIPS in Unix/Linux instead of setup.exe to start the installation.
- This will allow the embedded license key to be automatically be registered in Central Management Console (CMC).
- The embeded key never expires. Please reference KBA 1729897.
- IPS version 4.2 SP2 and later:
- An new license key must be obtained. Please reference KBA 2320261.
License key for Data Services (DS)
- When installing DS, a license key is required.
- After the installation, customers can also use the DS License Manager to add, remove, or view the DS license key, please reference KBA 1395080 for details.
- Before DS 4.2 SP2, on Windows OS, it is available to use the License Manager GUI for DS license key maintenance.
- Please note DS client tools (Designer) also need a license key.
- Use same license key for both DS client tools and DS server components.
- If you're upgrading from DS 3.x a new license key is required.
- When upgrading from an earlier DS 4.s version a new license key is not required. The original license key is compatible with all 4.x versions.
License key for Information Steward (IS)
- When installing IS, a license key is required.
- After the installation, customers can also add, remove or view the IS license key from CMC > License Keys.
- For a description of IS license keys, please reference KBA 1707696.
What to do if a license key needs to be changed or has expired
- When you obtain a new license key for DS, it must be added using the DS License Manager.
- New license keys for IS are added via the CMC > License Keys
- Do not add DS license keys into the CMC > License Keys. You must use the DS License Manager for this.
- Only IS License Keys are entered into the CMC > License Keys.
- Adding license keys into the wrong interface will cause DS to stop working.