J2EE Engine Visual Administrator: Setup and Locating
- Set the environment variable "JAVA_HOME" to value "F:\j2sdk1.4.2_17". To do that, go to "start" --> "settings" --> "control panel" --> "system" -> "advanced" --> "environment variables" --> "system variables" --> "new". In box "Variable name" enter "JAVA_HOME" and in box "Variable name" enter "F:\j2sdk1.4.2_17". If you do not do it, Visual Administrator will run, but will give errors in some functions, for example if you try to view the logs by clicking on "LogViewer" under "Services" an error message pops up:"com.sapmarkets.bam.util.BAMRuntimeException: Unable to invoke LogControllerFacadeMBean method: getMetaDataOfReaders"
- Create shortcut to "F:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\admin\go.bat" on Windows desktop and name it "Visual Administrator".
Deployment Manager: Locating
Create shortcut to "F:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\RemoteGui.bat" on windows desktop and name it "Deployment Manager".
J2EE Engine GUI Config Tool: Locating
These steps are only needed if you follow chapter "SLD (Post Install)". I advise to install it anyway, because it will be useful for NetWeaver developers.
Create shortcut to "F:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat" on Windows desktop and name it "J2EE Engine GUI Config Tool"
SAP Download Manager: Installation
- Download and install download manager:
Go to "https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/swdc" --> "Download Basket" --> "Get Download manager" which pops up a page titled "Installing the Download Manager".
Under chapter "3. Installing the Download manager", click "Microsoft Windows" --> "Microsoft Windows Installer (4,3 MB)". Save downloaded file and execute it. Choose all the default values.
- Configuration: Run new entry "SAP Download Manager" from the windows start menu. Right-click it to make a shortcut item on your desktop for it. Then run it and always choose the default until you come to a page titled "Connection Information", where you have to enter following:
user-id: (Your SAP-ID that you enter when you browse the SAP web pages)
password (Your password for your SAP-ID)
I selected "E:\Downloads\SAPDownloadBasket" as download store on the next page.
A table should appear that automatically lists all the files which you have selected for download from the web pages. Click on "Download all objects" in the menu.
Your SAP supervisor should give you authorization for downloading all files. If he has not given, following error message appears: "the request failed: 400". Usually HTTP Error 400 is being caused by a malformed request by your computer to the web server. I looked up the object protocol and found the URL that caused the error. I pasted this URL "https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~swdc/002007974700000167412004D/BPERP4ESS0_0-10003146.zip?_ACTION=DL_DIRECT" manually into the browser and got an error message "No download authorization".
MaxDB Administration tools (DBMGUI and SQL Studio): Installation
These steps are not needed for running the business pages. I advise to install it anyway, because it will be useful for NetWeaver developers. These tools are not needed if you install MaxDB Database Studio (see chapter MaxDB Database Studio), but they are lightweight and already contained within the SAP download.
- Execute "D:\netweaver\MAXDB76_NW07\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386\SETUPS\DBM76.exe" to install the Database Administration Tool DBMGUI. Choose all defaults.
- Execute "D:\netweaver\MAXDB76_NW07\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386\SETUPS\SQLSTD76.exe" to install the SQL Studio. Choose all defaults.
- Restart your PC.
MaxDB Database Studio: Installation
These steps are not needed for running the business pages. I advise to install it anyway, because it will be useful for NetWeaver developers. This software has much more features than the MaxDB Administration Tools.
- Install JDK 6: Go to "http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp".
Click on "Download" next to "JDK 6 Update 6".
Select "Windows" in option box "Platform", check-mark "I agree" and click "continue".
I saved downloaded file "jdk-6u6-windows-i586-p.exe" in "E:\Downloads\jdk6.6".
Double-click this file and follow instructions. Keep all defaults.
- Download MaxDB Database Studio: Go to web page "https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/906a7170-7e3e-2a10-e6ba-ffa232cd6782" with the title "SAP MaxDB Downloads - Community Editions". Click "SAP MaxDB Database Studio (for Windows)" on the web page , and saved it under "E:\Downloads\maxdbDatabaseStudio\maxdb-studio-win-32bit.exe". (This installation package contains Eclipse version 3.2 which needs JDK 1.5 or higher)
- After executing this file, a pop-up window appears where you choose "start installation/upgrade". Then always choose the default. If it asks you to stop the communication service, choose "Yes".
- If a "fatal error" pops up while installing Database Studio Utilities: "destination directory F:/sapdb/programs/DatabaseStudio/utilities not found", then created this directory manually and restart the installation. Then it should all go well.
SAP GUI (SAP Logon): Installation
These steps are not needed for running the business pages. I downloaded the NetWeaver Trial package without ABAP stack. So I do not need SAP Gui to do local configurations. You can do them all via the administration pages inside the portal and via Visual Administrator. If you installed SAP-GUI and try to connect to local system, it asks you for the installation-number which does not exist. It says "not yet assigned", so you cannot connect. But you can use SAP Gui to connect to the remote server (back end).
- Go to "http://service.sap.com" --> "SAP Support Portal" --> "downloads" which opens page titled "SAP Software Distribution Center".
- In the left menu, click "SAP Software Distribution Center" --> "Download" --> "Installations and Upgrades" --> which opens page titled "Installations and Upgrades"
- Here select "SAP front end Components" --> "SAP GUI for Windows" --> "SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.10" --> "Installation". Then add all files listed there to your download basket.
- Use SAP Download Manager to download them. Then install.
NetWeaver Developer Studio: Installation
These steps are not needed for running the business pages. I advise to install it anyway, because it will be useful for NetWeaver developers.
- Execute "D:\netweaver\NWDS700SP14\IDE70setup.exe"
- Always choose default in the install screen. If it asks for proxy, leave blank
- The install process went without any problems or additional configurations.