Caching a data source
System Connection: RFC
Problem: You use an RFC in Visual Composer on the story board and change the BAPI in the backend afterwards. You want to display the changes in the input/output ports of the data service.
Here are some tips of how to solve that:
- Make a refresh of the data service (right click on the data service and select Refresh (available when you use queries))
- Restart the J2EE engine
- Turn off the caching in VC 7.0: Go to Options, tabstrip Compiler and change the setting of Data service retrieval to Do not cache data services.
- Make sure that your backend is not caching the changes (may vary from system to system)
- Modify your connection lifetime setting in the Visual Administrator as it is described in this WIKI entry.
- Use the attached PAR-file (under tab strip Attachments - don't forget to rename and remove the .jpg)
- Create an iView from it and just preview it. What it does is just stop and start the ESP framework (not "expensive") and thus releasing the cache. J2EE WS invocation layer caches by default and the only way to release the cache is by code. So, I created this simple PAR file. (Thanks to Netanel Slomianski)