Note: You will be needing Portal Super Admin Role to create a connection to CRM system and also need to have acess or atleast the details of CRM server to create system.
1) Go to System Administration
2) Go to System Configuration
3) Go to Portal Content (Right Side Panel), open that folder.
4) Right Click on Portal Content, a Panel is displayed select "System (from Template)".
5) That will display a new view on right side, now select "SAP system using dedicated application server" from the existing templates.
6) Choose next.
7) Give the System Name and System Id (which are mandatory fields) incase you want to give any brief notes about the system then give it in "Description" field.
8) Open the Newly Created System.
9) Now if you want to create a New System for CRM, we have to fill four Properties they are "Connector", "Internet transaction Server (ITS)", "Web Application Server" and "User Management". Apart from that "System Alias" has to be defined in Display property.
10) Select "Connector" property, now fill the required fields like'
a) Application Host (can be name or ip address) à Give the CRM "Application Name", this can be obtained from the SAP Logon Pad (check what CRM system you are using, right click on it , go to the properties, it will open a window which has the Application Server Name.
b) Logical System Name (Logical system name to which the system points) Go to SPRO transaction from easy menu access and click on SAP REFERENCE IMG and use search function (control F in key board) , there u just enter Logical system then in the result select the Define logical system to get the respected logical system name
c) SAP Client : Check the Client and give the appropriate number or name.
d) SAP System ID(SID) : Check the CRM properties and check for System ID
e) System Type : Since we are connecting to CRM, select SAP_CRM system.
11) Select "Internet transaction Server (ITS)" property, now fill the required fields like
a) ITS Description : Give some Description
b) ITS Host Name : Same as "Application Host" of CRM and should be attached with the port number of ITS Server (to get port number detailed description is given below). ex: hostname : port number
c) ITS Pathà To get the path along with the port number you have to Log on to CRM system. Give the Transaction Code as "SICF", it opens a new window go to
* *default_host à sap à bc à gui à sap à its à webgui à SAP GUI for HTML à right click on that and click "Test Service'. This will open a new window, on the address bar you will find the "port number", and the path something like (sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui). Consider the path after the port number.
d) ITS Protocol : There are two protocol's "http" & "https", select the appropriate protocol which is visible when you opened "Test Service" window.
12) Select "Web Application Server" property , now fill the required fields like
a) Web AS Description : Give some Description
b) Web AS Host Name : same as ITS Host Name
c) Web AS Path : usually /sap/bc/bsp/sap
d) Web AS Protocol : should be same as the ITS Protocol.
13) Select "User Management" property, now fill the required fields like
a) Authentication Ticket Type : Since we are not using SSO leave the field empty i.e. put in select mode.
b) Logon Method: Select UIDPW.
c) User Mapping Type : Incase you have administration rights then you choose "admin" or incase you just have user rights then choose "user", better go for "admin/user".
14) Since all the required fields are filled appropriately now create a System Alias name, this can be done by following steps:
a) go to Displayà Select "System Aliases" give some Alias Name, let call it as "SAP_CRM".
15) Now that System is created we have to create a IView which will display the given Transaction Code.
16) Go To "Content Administration".
17) Go To "Portal Content".
18) Go to Portal Content (Right Side Panel), open that folder
19) Right Click on Portal Content, a Panel is displayed select "New"à IView
20) Select IView template, click next
21) Select "SAP Transaction iView" from the list of templates available. Click next.
22) Give the IView name and IView ID. Incase you want to give any brief notes about the IView then give it in "Description" field. Click next
23) Select "SAP GUI for HTML" radio button. Click next
24) Now select the system which you have create "CRM", give some Transaction Code, say CRMD_BUS2000115 (Sales Information). Click next and Finish.
25) Now Preview the IView
26) You will see a new Window where in Sales Information window is displayed.
Note: Please check the below link, it is an Article which has indetail screen shots of all the iViews that can be created in Emterprise Portal 7.0