Upgrading your Enterprise Portal to 7.5 / 7.4 / 7.3X release can be a challenging task. As a result of recurring questions from customers we decided to collect all known issues, guidelines, important information that can be helpful before, during and after an upgrade. Read this to get a better idea about the upgrade process.
- Why even upgrade? What is the recommended version to upgrade? The answer is here.
- In order to upgrade/install SAP NetWeaver 7.5, you must first read the Master Guide. All important information on EP 7.5 can be found here.
- Prior to an upgrade, a System Copy is highly recommended.
- To create the list of required software components you need to use the Maintenance Planner
- The upgrade is performed using the Software Upgrade Manager. Read all about it in SAP release note for SL Toolset 1.0 - 1758266and also check out this page.
- Various Data Base platforms issues .
- SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal – Upgrade from EP 7.0X to EP 7.3 onwards - important references gathered into one page.
- For finding the appropriate Business Package, take a look here.
- For checking the compatibility between Enterprise Portal and different Business Suite products (ERP, CRM, SRM, SCM etc.) read carefully this page.
- If you're using KM in your system, read this section.
- If you are already using 7.3x / 7.4, and would like to upgrade to 7.5, your custom applications need to be adjusted to JDK1.8. You can follow the following blog for further information: Switching to SAP JVM8 on Enterprise Portal 7.50.
- Already upgraded and encountered an issue? check the following blog for a solution:
Troubleshooting guide after SAP Enterprise Portal Upgrade
- You don't have to go through this alone, see what services SAP offers to support customers' upgrade projects.
- Still have questions? Post them in the migration and upgrade forum .