Step-by-Step guide MaxDB JDBC
You can connect to LocalMaxDB Database through JDBC System or BI JDBC System. But the first thing is you must have the JDBC Driver for MaxDB sapdbc.jar installed in your system.
To do so go to Visual Administrator,
- In the Cluster tab, select Server ->Service -> JDBC Connector.
- In the right pane, click on Driver, and Create new driver
- Enter the name of your driver (ex: MAXDB_DRIVER) and navigate to your sapdbc.jar driver.
- Click No when prompt "Choose other files".
- Restart Visual Administrator.
Portal JDBC System
You must add & deploy your library you have added. Follow these steps:
- Click Start-> Run-> cmd
- Enter this command: telnet <your server name> <your port + 8>
Ex: telnet sapnw 50008
- Enter your username administrator & password
- Enter command: lsc
- You see the list of server node, you can choose the node that you want to deploy your driver and enter the command: jump <ID node>
- Enter command: add deploy and click Enter
- Enter the command:
change_ref -m com.sapportals.connectors.database library:MAXDB_DRIVER
- Enter command Exit
Now, you can create a JDBC System in your portal.
Driver Class: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB
Ex: jdbc:sapdb://sapnw:7210/J2E (port for MaxDB is 7210)
Connection Factory Class: JDBCFactory
- User Mapping Type: Admin, User
- Create a system alias for your JDBC System
- Mapping user with the user in your database
BI JDBC System
You must add & deploy your driver library you have added to BI Connector.
- In the cluster tab, choose Server->Service -> Connector Container
- Under the node sap.com/com.sap.ip.bi.sdk.dac.connector.jdbc, choose SDK_JDBC, and click Clone to create new BI JDBC Connector
- Enter the name, example: SDK_MAXDB
- Choose your new BI JDBC Connector (or u can use SDK_JDBC).
- Choose the Resource Adapter tab
- In the Loader Reference box, choose Add to add a reference to your JDBC driver
- Enter: library:<jdbc driver name> (ex: library:MAXDB_DRIVER) & Choose OK.
- Save your settings.
- Choose Server -> Service -> Deploy
- Select the option Application
- Choose sap.com/com.sapportals.connectors.database
- Click Stop Application & Start Application
- Now, you can test your connector by the link:
If the connection is sucessful, a list of table is displayed.
Go to the portal & create your new system. Verify that your connection factory class is: SDK_JBDC (if you add your driver to SDK_JDBC BI JDBC Connector) or SDK_MAXDB ...
Now you can test the connection.