Web Service Invalid Web service URL
System connection: Web Service
Question: When I try to access an external web service, I get always the error message Invalid Web service URL
This means that the Web Service URL is not accessible. Reasons for that can be:
- your web service URL is incorrect (check it again)
- you didn't use a fully qualified URL like http://mydomain.com:8080/... but only http://myhost:8080/... You can also try to use the IP address instead
- you VC user has no authorization to access the share where the WSDL file is located (which is specified by your web service URL)
- proxy server was not set: External Web Service Proxy Configuration for Visual Composer
- In addition, connections to Web services for SAP backend systems must be performed via logical destinations (configured in the SAP J2EE engine with the Visual Administrator) and not via portal systems.
- defaultTrace indicates InvalidResponseCodeException: Invalid Response Code: (502) Proxy Error (Host was not found)
- Open an Internet Explorer new process, copy & past the WSDL URL and check that the URL exists
- If you're prompt for user/password (i.e. the URL resides on a SAP System), do not use a portal system but a logical destination. See Web Service Connector
In addition there is the following limitation for the use of web services.