This description is for understanding the standard system behavior of credit control area (BSEG-KKBER) in credit memo item posted to the reconciliation account, when you try to clear down payment.
Normally, you have 3 options to populate the BSEG-KKBER to credit memo item which is posted to the reconciliation account in standard, and the priority is as below
- Derive from an invoice reference line item << high priority
- Derive from T001(T-code OBY6 for your company code) << medium priority
- Derive from down payment line item << low priority
Standard system behavior:
- When you post a down payment clearing with an invoice reference, the BSEG-KKBER is always transferred from this invoice reference item
For example: OBY6-> for company code 1000, Define T001-KKBER = 1000
Post down payment in F-29, BELNR is 010002987/1000/2015, BSEG-KKBER = 0001
Post customer invoice in FB01, BELNR is 010002990/1000/2015, BSEG-KKBER = GABI
Do down payment clearing with invoice reference 0100002990 in F-39, BSEG-KKBER in credit memo item of reconciliation account (BSEG-BSCHL = 16) = GABI
- When you post a down payment clearing without an invoice reference
Case 1) T001-KKBER is defined, BSEG-KKBER is derived from T001 like below
Case 2) T001-KKBER is not defined, BSEG-KKBER is derived from down payment line item
Related SAP Notes/KBAs
SAP note 2157741 - FBA3: Credit control area in credit memo item.