The purpose of this page is to clarify the understanding of the system logic and requirements in relation to the asset transfer through transaction code ABUMN.
The following paragraphs and screen shots will describe an EXAMPLE in steps of an asset transfer and the functionality of the main fields and buttons.
Asset Transfer with transaction code ABUMN
To transfer an asset go to Navigation: SAP Easy Access -> SAP Menu -> Accounting -> Financial accounting -> Fixed Asset -> Posting -> Transfer -> Transfer within Company code
Alternatively: Transaction code ABUMN.
1) Fill out Field Asset with an asset number already created (press enter)
2) Fill out Fields Document Date, Posting date and Asset Values Date .
3) In transfer to select the option New Asset and fill out Asset Class with ZSAO and Cost Center with ZSAO.
4) If you press Line items, you will see the values generated for each depreciation area. Also, you can see both assets that will be posted after the transfer, in this case 2036 and 2037.
5) If you press Simulate button you will see the accounts that will be credited and debited. In this case 11000 and 11010.