1. What is "down payment"?
Down payment is the Received/Paid amount before actual handing over the Goods .
2. The main contents of the down payment:
(1) Down payment is processed when the commodity buying and selling is promised, and the amount received/Paid
before the commodity is handed over.
(2) The down payment happens in a debt or Credit side before the commodity is handed over .
(3) After the commodity is handed over, the down payment happened in debt/Credit could be deducted with accounts
3. In SAP "special G/L indicator" is used for handling the down payment posting.
What is special G/L indicator? -> For distinguishing the down payment and accounts receivable of the same customer,
The "special G/L indicator" is used. In SAP standard , Special G/L indicator : "A" is used for for Down payment.
Customizing->Transaction: FBKP->special G/L button
->example: selecting "Acct Type" : " D " and "SGL Ind." : "A"
->Maintain reconciliation account and special G/L account (the reconciliation account will be replaced by
special G/L account when "A" is used for posting down payment line items) , by pressing properties
button ->"Special G/L transaction types" could be set.
Check the special G/L account:
Check the transaction types:
4. Standard scenarios for customer down payment in SAP R/3 system for down payment processing:
(1) Down Payment Request (T-cd:F-37) with special G/L indicator : "A" -> it is only a note, a line item.
(2) Create down paymet n in F-29 with special G/L indicator : "A" in Transaction:F-29.
Within this step, the down payment could be cleared.
(3) Create account reveivable in Transaction:FB70( customer open line items is posted).
(4) Clear the down payment created in step(2)withinv customer open item created in step(3) in Transaction:F-39.
Normally the partial amount in customer Open items is cleared with down payment ( down payment amount <=
amount in customer open item).
(5) Clearing the account receivable in F-28(clearing the left part amount in customer open line items).
(1)For down payment request, no transaction is happened, so no really document with debit/credit lines generated.
(2) Create down payment : Bank ￥10,000 / down payment ￥10,000
(3) Create customer open line item : Account Reveivable ￥15,000 / Revenue ￥15,000
(4) Clear down payment : Down payment ￥10,000 / Receivcable ￥10,000
(5) Clear the customer open line item : Bank ￥5,000 / Receivable ￥5,000