SAP Revenue Accounting and Reporting (RAR) was built from the ground up to handle the new revenue recognition regulations announced May 28, 2014 (IFRS 15 & ASC 606) to be effective January 1, 2018 in countries adhering to both US GAAP and IFRS. The solution automates the revenue recognition and accounting process and simplifies the tasks of revenue accountants in following the new accounting guidelines published May 28, 2014.
SAP RAR 1.3 : Early Adopter Care (EAC) program is now on-going. https://influence.sap.com/earlyadoptercare. After logging in, navigate to SAP Customer Influence > Early Adopter Care Services. You’ll find RAR 1.3 in the Pre-Register column.
SAP RAR User Group meetings: The next (Tenth) user group meeting was held on Wednesday March 15, 2017. We covered updates on SAP Revenue Accounting and Reporting (RAR) 1.2/1.3 & the RAR roadmap.
- SAP.com link
- SAP Community blogs on IFRS 15
SAP customer links
- Registration page for SAP RAR global user group
- Documentation SAP RAR 1.3
- Use the Quick-start RAR and go to a RAR trainings: many classes are scheduled.
- Sep: How to Beat the Deadline for RevRec's Big Changes in Forbes BrandVoice and in SAP Business Trends
- Sep: SAP enhances tools for IFRS compliance in Compliance Week
- Sep: Tech Solutions For IFRS : Posted At 35,000 Feet in Board Talk
- Sep: SAP Enhances Revenue Accounting Platform for New Standards in CPA Practice Advisor
- Sep: SAP enhances revenue accounting platform in inside SAP (Australia)
- Sep: SAP Updates Tools for Rev Rec Rules in Accounting Today
- Sep: SAP Revenue Accounting and Reporting für neue Standards in silicon.de (in German)
- Sep: New SAP accounting application features help organizations meet upcoming standards change in TechTarget
- Sep: SAP Strengthens Tools for IFRS Compliance
- Sep: SAP Updates Accounting Solution for IFRS Changes in eWeek
- Sep: The Revenue Accounting Doomsday Clock Is Ticking in D!gitalist by SAP
- Aug: How finance departments should prepare for revenue recognition changes in FinancialDirector
- Aug: Revenue Recognition – much more than a technology issue in diginomica