What is SII?
SII (Suministro Inmediato de Información) "Immediate Supply of Information", Spanish Legal reporting approved by RD 596/2016, is a new legal change in Spain that require from certain taxpayers to provide the data related to invoices, issued and received, to the tax authorities, within a four-day timeframe as of the moment they issue or receive an invoice.
In case of reception (vendor invoices) could be 4 day timeframe as of the moment the invoices are posted into the accounting system.
When will be mandatory?
SII will come into force on July 1, 2017
Who will be affected?
This new system will be compulsory for all taxpayers which:
• Form part of a VAT group or
• Are considered a large size company (Turnover of more than 6.010.121,04 €) or
• Are applying the monthly refund scheme (REDEME), in terms of SAP executing Tax re-turn form 340 (RIFDESM340).
On a voluntary basis, any other company can also apply for it.
Will SAP develop a solution?
The solution is planned to be available not earlier than May 1, 2017.
Registered "S" users can go to https://service.sap.com/local/es , Select Financials. and request access for the specific Spain SII Jam Group , where SAP shares key information with customers, and partners.
Important Notes to read:
2431611 "SII. How to start before May 2017 ".
Note 2409025 "Issuer Invoice number - Length of reference document number (BKPF-XBLNR) limited to 16 characters length."
KBA 2420034 "SII retroactive first term 2017. XBLNR: duplicate info?"
- Launchpad tool "Announcement of Legal Changes" App, read note 2308484
- Spanish Tax Agency - SII Information: Link to SII AT site
- Country version for Spain SAP web