Please find below some Common Issues and Hints about MSS
- How to determine the correct component combination in ESS WD JAVA
- How to get rid of authorization issues
- How to personalize screens in the XSS
- How to get rid of Cache issues
- How to add a custom Web Dynpro Iview to the MSS Employee Profile
- How to enable ESS in MSS for Leave request?
- How to Configure Custom and Standard Reports in MSS?
- How to define custom evaluation path for selection of Employees in MSS and HR Adminsitrator?
- EHP4 Switch BC-Sets
- How to include iview from one page to another using FPM
- How to customize Personnel Change Requests
- How to hide forms in the iView for PCR's
- How to check the General Information Data Shown in MSS
- Customization of Team Calendar Display in MSS
- How to test the PCR Scenarios
- How to test the OADP Configuration maintained for MSS
- UWL workitem is not refreshed after a Leave Request has been approved
- ESS In MSS ?
- ESS In MSS for Leave Request and Working Time and other services!
- Required components for different MSS Add-on Releases
- Different features of OADP based on ECC 6.0
- Configuring and setting up substitutions in SAP Workflow
Question: What is the difference between the Manager's Desktop (MDT) and the Business Package for SAP Manager Self-Service?
Answer: The main difference between Manager's Desktop (MDT) and the Business Package for SAP Manager Self-Service is that in MDT you can access information and services within one R/3-system. The Business Package for SAP Manager Self-Service, however, is an Internet-based solution that combines information and services from different systems on one interface (for example different R/3 systems, BW system, Outlook, Web Content Manager, and so on). Within a portal the information can be put together in a much more flexible way. Guidelines or specific Web Content Manager help can be displayed as well as the actual services. In MDT the manager can use the standard transactions and standard reports, whereas in the portal the services are tailored to managers' needs.
The Business Package for SAP Manager Self-Service is MDT's successor and is seen as a new, Web-compatible solution for managers. Continued support for MDT will be ensured, but further development of this tool is not planned. The Business Package for SAP Manager Self-Service can be seen as an evolution and therefore as the next generation of manager self-services.