Integrated talent management processes can help you quickly find the best people for your business, effectively develop and leverage their talent, align their efforts with your corporate objectives, and retain your top performers. The talent management processes in SAP ERP HCM are fully integrated with each other - and with other SAP ERP business processes. This cross-process integration provides you with a single view of your talent worldwide, while enabling all talent-related practices to speak a common language. Cross-process integration also ensures data integrity that minimizes your integration costs - and increases stability and simplicity of your talent management software.
Talent management consolidates all the strategic employee development processes spanning the employees' career with the company: from hire to retire, including recruitment, education, career development, and performance management. It also encompasses the company view of employee development, identifying and tracking high potential employees to ensure future leaders can be effectively promoted from within and that successors are identified for key positions. A strong Talent Management strategy enables the organization to find the best people, leverage their talent in the right place and right time, align employees and teams to corporate goals, maximize the impact of training, and retain and promote top performers.
The following business goals and objectives can be achieved through the implementation of these processes:
- Improve retention of sales personnel
Reducing Operating Costs & Increasing Efficiency
- Improve recruiting, hiring & HR processes
- Reduce travel related expense
- Improve delivery of training & education
- Re-deploy labor to higher value-added activities
- Reduce administration, improve business processes
SAP ERP HCM supports the following talent management processes:
- Recruitment enabled by SAP E-Recruiting
- Find the right people quickly, leverage their talent in the right place at the right time, and maintain relationships with individuals who register in a talent warehouse.
- Perform comprehensive reporting and tracking of applicants and candidates.
- Succession Management
- Make better and faster decisions about talent pipeline and successor rankings using the SAP Talent Visualization application by Nakisa.
- Identify and track high-potential employees and implement development plans to ensure that they are prepared to assume future leadership roles.
- Identify specific key positions and target specific employees as potential successors.
- Enterprise learning management enabled by the SAP Enterprise Learning environment
- Impart knowledge to employees, partners, and customers through e-learning, classroom training, collaborative learning, and information distribution.
- Structure, deliver, and track knowledge transfer, and tailor learning content to individual learning styles and needs.
- Plan, measure, and analyze the impact of enterprise learning programs.
- Employee performance management
- Align team and individual goals with corporate goals and strategies.
- Standardize employee reviews and appraisals.
- Tie compensation to performance.
- Support a performance-oriented compensation process.
- Compensation management
- Implement innovative reward strategies, such as performance- and competency-based pay, variable pay plans, and long-term incentives reward programs.
- Analyze and compare compensation packages using internal and external salary data to ensure competitiveness in the marketplace.
Some video of SAP HCM Talent Management can be viewed here.