Fix the payroll factoring issue for half day absence when daily work schedule is two decimal odd number. Ex: 7.33 Hrs.
When the Daily Work Schedule is "7.33 Hrs" and if the employee applies a half day then the number of Hrs is rounded up as "3.67 Hrs" whereas it should be "3.665 Hrs". This causes an issue during factoring of the payroll and the amount calculated will have a difference of amount when calculated manually.
There are two half day leaves that are applied in the month. Working hours per day is 7.33 Hrs Half day of 7.33 hrs will be 3.665 but it is rounded to 2 decimals and absence hours passed to payroll is 3.67 hrs each day. Based on this the calculation process in payroll is explained below.
- Total number of absence hours in the month:131.95
- Total number of planned working hours in the month:
- Proration formula in the payroll which is generated to evaluate the wage type
- The Calculation in an excel based on the above formula
The value generated here is multiplied with the basic pay and allowances and then divided by the factor 100000.So, the calculation from in SAP system using the proration is
Basic Pay = 1499.15 * 30763.98 = 46119820.62 and then 46119820.62/100000= 461.1982062 which will be rounded up to two decimals and the amount will be 461.20
But the manual calculation is as below:
- Working Hour Per Day: 7.33
- Number of actual working hours in the month 8* 7.33 = 58.64
- Total number of Hours in the month 26 * 7.33 = 190.58
- Basic Pay Prorated value = (58.64/190.58) * 1499.15 = 461.2769 rounded to 461.28.
The difference in the amount between the calculation between SAP system and customer is 8 cents.
Calculation difference when half day leave for daily work schedule “7.33 Hrs”: This issue is solved by creating a wage type “9006” which gets generated during time evaluation when half day leave is applied for the DWS “7.33 Hrs”. The wage type is used as the adjustment factor during the factoring of wage types in payroll.
- In Time Evaluation generate the wage as per the requirement for the days when Half day abscence is applied for DWS "7.33 Hrs".
- Wage type will be available in payroll during the month and according to the spilts if there is any.
- Convert the number passed in this wage type to the rate field by adding a rule.
- The Payroll Factoring the rule is changed as below
- The value generated here is multiplied with the basic pay and allowances and then divided by the factor 100000.So, the calculation from in SAP system using the proration is
Basic Pay = 1499.15 * 30769.23 = 46127691.15 and then 46127691.15/100000= 461.2769115 which will be rounded up to two decimals and the amount will be 461.28
Satish Kumar Nair, Sreenath ChandraShekar, Adarsh Mahalingappa & Ravikumar Pathipati