Modifying the RoadMap Steps
This article describes the step by step procedure of how to modify the text displayed in the 'RoadMap steps' of the XSS Applications.
Roadmap steps usually have the texts like 'Overview','Edit','Review' and 'Save' in the XSS applications in Employee Self-Service. Below is the step by step procedure of how you can change the texts displayed.
You need Self-Service Administrator Role to do the changes:
- Download the .sca file for Self-Service Administrator role from the Service market place.
- Deploy the .sca file in your portal.
Assign the role to the User.
Assign the Self Service Administrator Role to your user.
- Navigate to User Administration.
- Search the user to whom you need to assign the role.
- Choose the user from the search result and Press Edit
- Enter on right side under role assignment in the search field * and press Start
- Select the Self Service Administrator Role and press Add: The role appears under the assigned roles
- On the left side press Save.
Re login with the same user, you will be able to see the Self-service Administrator role in the portal. The following are the steps to be done to change the roadmap labels for the application - Example is explained with Address application of Hongkong.
- Go to Self-service Administrator(role) -> Portal Content ->Content Provided by SAP -> Self-service Configuration -> Employee Self-Services -> Hong Kong -> Address -> FPM Applications -> Per_Address_HK.
- Right Click ?Per_Address_HK? and click open->object.
- Once you open the object, you should be able to see the FPM Application Editor with the Define Road Map step.
- If you want to change the label of Overview step. Click on the overview under description.
- Change the label and press Enter. This changes the label.
- You can change all the labels if you wish to.
- Click on SAVE to save the changes done.
- If you run the application (Address-Hong Kong) now, you should be able to see the new labels in the Road Map of the application. You have to make these changes separately for every application.