The purpose of this document is to provide a configuration review of the new Online W2 functionality in ESS. That is now available for customers in EHP 5.0 and onwards.
This document will give a brief explanation how to customize the IT3228, screens, feature and activate the business function HCM_LOC_CI_29 or HCM_ESS_WDA_1. Also include how to proceed with test for iView for W-2 Online Election.
Starting on W-2 Online
For the employee who chooses to receive the copy of the W-2 form in ESS portal, he must to be eligible for this condition configuring the master data, the employee either can choose to receive the W-2 form in paper form or in online service in Infotype 3228.
In the election period can find the W-2 available for employee to visualized, to display the form select the line on the grid “Online Available W-2 and W-2C Forms” then click on Display Print Form.
In this section you can find how to customize the screen on IT3228, the selection option and can find it in the alternate screen 2010.
The element screen configured on the alternate screen 2010 it is important information on election option on IT3228, the fields Q3228-ELTYP, Q3228-SUBTY and P3228-OBJPS must be configured correctly.
The screen is configured on the MP322800 is displayed below:
Configuring the Feature UTREL and UTRES
The feature UTREL is used to define a few parameters required by Online W-2. It is used to inform the election parameters and it is read by the Online Election (3228) infotype and Tax Reporter logics to get the parameters for the respective election year.
Online W-2 User Guide, Version 2 9
- WERKS: Personnel area
- BTRTL: Personnel Subarea
- ABKRS: Payroll Area
- WKSIT: Worksite
The feature is composed by the following parameters:
- FORYEAR: Defines the year of the election.
- BEGDATE: Defines the start of the election period.
- ENDDATE: Defines the end of the election period.
- FORCEPAPER: When checked, paper is always generated, even if online was selected by the employee (in this case both paper and online forms will be generated).
- CORRECTION: Must be used only to correct results when productive results were already generated in Tax Reporter. This option must be used very carefully, since modifying infotype information after a productive Tax Reporter run can result in inconsistent data.
This feature UTRES is used to configure the reporting parameters for Online W-2. The decision field is the tax company. It is composed by the two following parameters:
- ESSBEG: Defines the online availability of Forms W-2. The W-2 will be available online after the generation date of tax reporter plus number of days defined in this parameter.
- ESSEND: Defines the online availability of Forms W-2. The W-2 will be available online after the generation date of tax reporter plus number of days defined in this parameter.
SAP Note No.: 1590352 Online W-2 for U.S. Tax Reporter
SAP Note No.: 1633358 Corrections to Online W-2: Wave 1
SAP Note No.: 1643967 Corrections to Online W-2: Wave 2
SAP Note No.: 1659090 Corrections to Online W-2: Wave 3
SAP Note No.: 1734460 Corrections to Online W-2: Wave 4