ERP Warehouse ManagementThis page provides information about the links for most of the FAQs in the area of ERP SAP Warehouse Management.
SAP Warehouse Management (SAP WM) is a component of SAP Logistics Execution system (SAP LE) and deals with the following tasks: Inventory management in randomly-organized and fixed-bin storage types; Processing all relevant movements and tasks in the warehouse, such as goods receipt, goods issue, movements within the warehouse. The WM application component is not installed as a stand-alone solution, but is integrated in all areas of the SAP business system (such as MM, SD, PP, QM, TM). Based on the complexity of the warehouse operations and the business requirements, a Lean WM, or a standard WM or a Decentrallised WM or an Extended WM can be selected for implementation.
Functions in WM Application Components include-
- WM Inbound: Receipt, inspection, and putaway of inventory (receipt, interface to quality inspection, putaway)
- WM Outbound: Processing for outbound shipments of goods (pick, pack, load, ship)
- WM Intra Warehouse: Internal Warehouse Moves/Replenishments, Physical Inventory/Cycle Counting, Production Staging
- Optimizing the use of inventory storage space usage by using strategies for stock placement and removal and Optimization of Warehouse Yard with the help of Yard Management System
- Optimization of the physical flow of inventory through a facility with effective use of strategies, replenishments
- Optimization of resource usage in warehousing operations (equipment and people with Task and Resource Management, Task Interleaving and Cross Docking Functionalities)
- WM Interfaces: Integration of specialized material handling equipment (Mobile Data Entry, Label Printing, Conveyors, Scales, Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems)
- Integration with 3rd party software solutions for niche applications (freight rating etc.,)
- Improvement of operational uptime options (Decentralised WM, Extended WM etc)
- Master data maintenance, workflow and archiving
General warehousing management reporting and metrics (with Warehouse Activity Monitor, RF queue monitor and LIS reports)
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is the link to WM FAQ.
Some important terms related to Warehouse Management are here.
- This link gives information about about SAP WM Business Process Procedure.
SAP WM Business Process Procedure
- This link gives information about SAP WM Configuration
SAP WM Configuration Guide
- This link gives information about the Decentralized Warehouse Management system
Decentralized Warehouse Management System
- This link gives information about the Yard Management and Cross Docking
Yard Management and Cross Docking
Interesting References / Links
Links — There are good articles, information and blogs on ERP Operations in SAP and other online websites. Find here a collection of some of the most interesting.